• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly's ATN Comments at Message To The Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
....and Vixen, could you also please learn how to quote properly? It ain't that hard!

Flyinvixen said:
now demand Kobi Bryants (SP i'm sure) deal

Vixen,

"Kobi"...... ? Are you referring to the guy who was accused of rape and then decided to buy his wife a very expensive diamond ring ? Give your choice of similes some thought in the future. Karma can be a bitch. :D

Yes, you spelled his name wrong.

Fletch,

Please don't quote the lunatics posts. It forces us to read it.

So, Vixen, you pretty much ignored my question entirely. So I'll ask it again:

In defiance of almost EVERY, SINGLE, RECENT SLI award, including one with a company that was on the verge of bankruptcy and shutdown within a year or two (a situation AirTran is most certainly NOT in), you really think ALL AirTran Captain seats are forfeit?

Please answer the question, yes you think every AAI CA should lose their seat for you or not?

Yes the Clampetts should loose their seats and take the good deal that they are already getting......

Vixen,

"Kobi"...... ? Are you referring to the guy who was accused of rape and then decided to buy his wife a very expensive diamond ring ? Give your choice of similes some thought in the future. Karma can be a bitch. :D

Yes, you spelled his name wrong.

Fletch,

Please don't quote the lunatics posts. It forces us to read it.

Give me a break please tool boy...god I told you I spelled it wrong but you would rather give me BS over spelling then back up your bs argument on why we should give you our left seat ??WTFO oh he cheated on his wife there for we need to get into the left seat at SWA GMAFB you guys can rot in the fence that Guadalupe holding is building for you. Most of you tools had apps in here before the announcement but now you guys want our left seat....good luck you will all rot inside the fence before we give that up.

I was intimately involved in the RAH, F9, MEA and Lynx SLI. It turned out very poorly for the mainline pilots and everyone has something to gripe about.

The IBT refused to participate in either negotiations or mediation, so we all get to live with the Arbitrator's "award." To the IBT's credit, we were SO far apart it may not have mattered if they participated or not.

If you guys have any chance at all to resolve this outside of arbitration, I would strongly recommend it.

The Arbitrator told us over and over to try to work it out ourselves, stating that whatever we came up with, it would be better than whatever he would eventually decide. He was correct.

Not trying to butt in, just would hate to see any group(s) of pilots go through what we have.

Best of luck to you all.

I have to say, I agree...if only for the long term viability of our working relationship...what I hope that the Air Tran guys realize, this company has a value associated with it's culture...preserving that culture is important to me and every SWA guy on property...if we could leave the ego's at the door and negotiate in good faith with each other, in the end we will all be winners...if not, then in the end, to a certain extent, we will all lose...I don't expect the AirTran guys to roll over, but I would hope that they would negotiate from a good faith position that takes into account all they are gaining by becoming members of SWAPA as soon as possible, with all that entails...if so, then our future together is extremely bright...if not, then hold on to your seats, kiddos, it might be a bumpy ride...for Lear, I will say that arbitral precedent does support retention of CA's seats, one of the things that I expect to be "offered" during negotiations with our NC for a period of time...but there should be a realization that the career expectation of a SWA F/O is greater than the career expectation of an AAI CA...it's this kind of realistic analysis that I'm talking about when I"m hoping we negotiate in good faith...I want my career to mean what it meant prior to this acquisition or more, and I want your career (AAI guys) to mean what it meant or more...it's really that simple...sorry for the disparate posting style tonight, just doing what I do for texting and because I am entertaing my favorite Russian, Stolichnaya...peace to all my current and future bruthas and sistas...:)

PapaWoody

I have to say, I agree...if only for the long term viability of our working relationship...what I hope that the Air Tran guys realize, this company has a value associated with it's culture...preserving that culture is important to me and every SWA guy on property...if we could leave the ego's at the door and negotiate in good faith with each other, in the end we will all be winners...if not, then in the end, to a certain extent, we will all lose...I don't expect the AirTran guys to roll over, but I would hope that they would negotiate from a good faith position that takes into account all they are gaining by becoming members of SWAPA as soon as possible, with all that entails...if so, then our future together is extremely bright...if not, then hold on to your seats, kiddos, it might be a bumpy ride...
I think you'll find our Merger Committee will do exactly that.

They are a good group of people, who also have to live with the outcomes of their work for the rest of their careers. There is as much at stake for them as the rest of us in preserving the culture going forward and NONE of them are the "burn the house down" type of people. In fact, all of them have been through either the TWA shutdown, USAirways debacle, or the Express One shutdown and in one case, the Transmeridian shutdown, too. They recognize the value of a long-term stable company and positive working environment and I can guarantee you they will negotiate in good faith.

for Lear, I will say that arbitral precedent does support retention of CA's seats, one of the things that I expect to be "offered" during negotiations with our NC for a period of time...but there should be a realization that the career expectation of a SWA F/O is greater than the career expectation of an AAI CA...
I appreciate the honesty, thank you. This discussion, however, is so multi-layered that it's hard to debate on a forum like this, which is why our MEC and MC has asked us not to. I hope you'll forgive us if we defer debate moving forward on this forum and let our MC's do their jobs.

it's this kind of realistic analysis that I'm talking about when I"m hoping we negotiate in good faith...I want my career to mean what it meant prior to this acquisition or more, and I want your career (AAI guys) to mean what it meant or more...it's really that simple...
Those are realistic requests, and I have no issues with our MC's finding some type of middle ground that satisfies those goals. I truly our groups can find such a solution.

sorry for the disparate posting style tonight, just doing what I do for texting and because I am entertaing my favorite Russian, Stolichnaya...peace to all my current and future bruthas and sistas...:)

PapaWoody
No worries, mate, it was a good post. :beer:

....and Vixen, could you also please learn how to quote properly? It ain't that hard!

Ain't say it again ain't is that from the official trailer park dictionary ?? along with ya all and down yonder ???

GMAFB and get with the fight and stop spell checking me, teach school or fight this fight pick one and stop buying key lime pie until this fight is over and we win.

Cheers vato

I'm sure the SWA guys cringe whenever you post. I assure you, most of the AT guys in my class had well over 1000 PIC when we got hired. I know a good friend who was turned down because he didn't have enough turbine PIC even though he had 4000 hours of SIC jet time between the 727/737. I had almost 7000 PIC between the 727/737/DC-9 when I was hired, so please stop the BS that most of us were fresh off the RJ...

And with all that time you couldnt get hired by one of the better airlines nor your bud? Nobody was hiring, you were furloughed you really only wanted to work at AAI. Just askin.

Just like a guy I flew with that is at AAI. Only had 3000 hrs, very little TPIC, what he did have he penciled in (I know he logged PIC when I was the CA), no college. But his mommy worked in the AAI office and helped him get hired. We all have them. Just some more then others.

Latest resources

Back