• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly's ATN Comments at Message To The Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks Gup. We fully expect you to fight the good fight. We just don't think people need to be an *********************************** about it. Thanks for keeping it real.

There is no need for your groups to fight, especially on these boards. Your lawyers will give their cases to the arbitrators, and fight for each group as hard as they can. In the end, everyone can blame THE ARBITRATORS, not each other. That is the best part of arbitration, you can blame someone for any perceived woes. Then, you get back in the cockpit and fly with each other. In the meantime, your company gets stronger hopefully, and you move on. You pay lawyers to fight for you, and they will. Good luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Paint chips?

So where is the points of debate in this or the previous post?

I like this forum for information and some opinion. Getting into the debate with some anonymous cowards is not my idea of a good time. But party on dude.

You lived through an SLI. We get that. No two SLIs will ever be the same. You don't get that.

Ummm, riiiight. You might be the one on paint chips. Sure, no two SLIs are alike, but arbitrators DO LOOK AT RECENT ONES and find similarities, and precedent. That ain't Obama, that is something you might want to look up. And the USAir/AWA relationship and size is fairly close to your ratio with AT, and since both of you are profitable LCCs, with like sized aircraft, you won't be getting even close to the staple that you want. It just won't happen. Time for you to quit sniffing glue, too. Speaking of sniffing, I sniff fear in your posts. You probably aren't a Capt, rather a junior FO at SWA. That explains it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ummm, riiiight. You might be the one on paint chips. Sure, no two SLIs are alike, but arbitrators DO LOOK AT RECENT ONES and find similarities, and precedent. That ain't Obama, that is something you might want to look up. And the USAir/AWA relationship and size is fairly close to your ratio with AT, and since both of you are profitable LCCs, with like sized aircraft, you won't be getting even close to the staple that you want. It just won't happen. Time for you to quit sniffing glue, too. Speaking of sniffing, I sniff fear in your posts. You probably aren't a Capt, rather a junior FO at SWA. That explains it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

How on earth did you get your job. Don't forget to check the box on your next medical about mental illness to "yes". You are scary neurotic.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It's funny how all you guys that like to point to "recent precedent" always just happen to overlook Chautaqua/Shuttle America, probably because it doesn't fit into you mantra that "relative seniority is the law". It was, however, arbitrated by the NMB according to Allegheney/Mohawk guidelines and the contractual disparities (which were a major issue to the arbitrator) were even less than they are in this situation. As someone said, no two situations are exactly the same, but lets not always disregard the "precedents" that don't support your argument, shall we.

Fraternally,
PapaWoody

17 pages of this?

This was a great place to work. I wonder if it will be in 2 years?

I bet it will be. I think there is alot at stake here. People need to vent thier concerns and frustrations. Some of the biggest pot stirrers on these threads are folks who don't work for either company and are mad because they missed the boat, got rejected or want to see one or both airlines fail.

AirTran pilots just hit the mega-lotto. Excuse me if I don't feel bad for them and their massive new pay raises and job security.

I also honestly hope that they don't screw it up for themselves. Unfortunately though, I think ALPA is all out scorched earth because they are losing another group of pilots, and ultimately it would benefit ALPA if the SWA/AirTran deal wrecked the company. They will try to make that happen.

JMO. AirTran pilots should climb onboard SWA any way or any how, or they can listen to ALPA while it tries to kill SWA and benefit other ALPA airlines.

SWA isn't going to allow that to happen though, and the losers will be the AirTran pilots who will never go over to SWA and will dies on the Guadaloupe Holding vine.

There will be no arbitration from the people who explained it to me. No way, no how.

Good luck Trannies. Not trying to pisssss you off.

Last edited:
AirTran pilots just hit the mega-lotto. Excuse me if I don't feel bad for them and their massive new pay raises and job security.

I also honestly hope that they don't screw it up for themselves. Unfortunately though, I think ALPA is all out scorched earth because they are losing another group of pilots, and ultimately it would benefit ALPA if the SWA/AirTran deal wrecked the company. They will try to make that happen.

JMO. AirTran pilots should climb onboard SWA any way or any how, or they can listen to ALPA while it tries to kill SWA and benefit other ALPA airlines.

SWA isn't going to allow that to happen though, and the losers will be the AirTran pilots who will never go over to SWA and will dies on the Guadaloupe Holding vine.

There will be no arbitration from the people who explained it to me. No way, no how.

Perhaps the best post on this thread...IMHO

The arbitrators will decide the SLI because the Southworst guys want to
steal the Airtran Captain seats and and negotiating with them is a waste
of time.

This could be the downfall of SW, and Gary Kelly might end up in jail!

Not trying to piss you rednecks off, but that's what I've heard.

Latest resources

Back