• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gary Kelly's ATN Comments at Message To The Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The arbitrators will probably use more recent precedent instead of your Muse Air example. More likely the Nicalau award with USAir. AWA was a lot smaller than USAir and a younger company, but relative still prevailed except for the top 500 spots going to USAir due to International Ops. Airtran actually has the international ops for SWA, so that may make it even more interesting.

OYS

I wake up every morning and thank God that Gary is buying Airtran. Without this deal SWA could have never figured out how to fly international.

Gup

I'm betting the economy craps itself again and the integration never happens..... SWA goes into survival mode and ends up furloughing a bunch of us too.

Your union finally had to bring the obvious to some you Trannys attention. Some did not believe me when I said you were harming your own interests by attacking the SWA folks on this board. Your MC understands who has what and who wants what.

I say again, this is the only voice being heard for now. And call it a first impression that totally crashed and burned.

There is going to be the need of damage control if or when our lists integrate. I can tell you that word has spread about the unfair small sample of AT pilots and what they expect from this acquisition. Hopefully this will pass so if we operate as one, there will not be the lasting stereotype of being a "Tranny" by all the flight crews.

Whatever the outcome, I have accepted the fact that I have no control over the situation, I suggest you try it too.

Ty Webb said:
But what is true is that, despite four months of exchanging opinions on this forum, little, if anything, has been gained from these exchanges. If anything, the exchanges have gotten worse instead of better, and instead of finding common ground, people have only become more entrenched. In that respect, I agree with both unions- there is nothing to be gained from further posts on the subject.

Then why can't you guys just STFU? I would bet that if the two of you would just take a hiatus from posting, the next SWA-ATN acquisition thread wouldn't get to a second page before fizzling out.

Last edited:
Your union finally had to bring the obvious to some you Trannys attention. Some did not believe me when I said you were harming your own interests by attacking the SWA folks on this board. Your MC understands who has what and who wants what.

I say again, this is the only voice being heard for now. And call it a first impression that totally crashed and burned.

There is going to be the need of damage control if or when our lists integrate. I can tell you that word has spread about the unfair small sample of AT pilots and what they expect from this acquisition. Hopefully this will pass so if we operate as one, there will not be the lasting stereotype of being a "Tranny" by all the flight crews.

What will be interesting is when the SWA guys actually "understand" what has happened after finally viewing the final SLI. Arbitrators don't care about your egos. They don't care about what you "could be" making HAD you upgraded already. (look at NWA guys expecting faster upgrades thanks to scheduled retirements that never really happened) Those arbitrators will look at what each of you brings to the table, and that doesn't include your W2's. When it's over, expect BOTH SWA and AT pilots at the BOTTOM of your combined list. What happens to the top and middle is up in the air. And, there will be plenty of nicknames for SWA pilots too after this is over, like "Southwest Sobbers" (like "Western Whiners" at DL) or "Corn holers" from the Corndog nickname. Regardless, you will all have to fly with each other, and that will be plenty fun, no doubt. BTW, I LOVE YOU GUYS! YOU'RE FANTASTIC.

Bye Bye--General Lee

For the love of Christ General,

How many pencils did you eat when your were an abused step child?

14,662 posts with likely not a single constructive opinion.

You have issues dude.

Then why can't you guys just STFU? I would bet that if the two of you would just take a hiatus from posting, the next SWA-ATN acquisition thread wouldn't get to a second page before fizzling out.

I am are only responding to threats and feeble attempts at intimidation. I make no demands on how the SLI should be done but you guys seem to love to tell us over and over how we should do this or accept that. The one thing that seems to drive you guys nuts is when anyone says the word ARBITRATION, it's like kicking over an ant hill, they are in your myopic eyes, "being unreasonable". Now, because our union, yes, the Evil Diabolic ALPA has told us to knock it off, you guys are suddenly pretending to be Mother Teresa playing the victim. But please oh please, don't let me stop you, continue with your, "I hate the Tranny, let's staple them" circle jerk all you want, I don't care but the arbitrator just might.

My source tells me that there will absolutely be no arbitration. That is one certainty so far. I'm also hearing that the two groups will remain separate for a long time, and possibly never be combined.

This from a very good source. FWIW

My source tells me that there will absolutely be no arbitration. That is one certainty so far. I'm also hearing that the two groups will remain separate for a long time, and possibly never be combined.

This from a very good source. FWIW

Which one of your sock puppet friends leaked the confidential information? I want to know, there will be an extra dose of bleach for your offending sock puppet friend once ALPA gets their hands on him!

Latest resources

Back