• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Game On

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The TRUTH is that for nearly a decade any sensible half wit could look over the books at Flight Options and see that a LARGE majority of writeups occur in common locations, and many happen to occur at mx base airports, although we all KNOW airplanes don't behave like that in the real world.

I totally agree with you here.

As much as you like to insinuate and even declare that pilots have "agendas" related to where and when the report discrepancies, you are EQUALLY silent about the other half of the equation, aren't you Skanza? You are advocating your agenda just as surely as you are decrying the other. Hypocrite idiot. (this post intentionally written in the color of choice of the village idiot!)

To clarify, I do not advocate either carrying write-ups to a convenient MX base or writing things up prior to passenger legs. That's my position, and you can't change it. Never have I suggested carry dicrepancies, I'm just focused on the other half because that is the slow-down tactic. There, I addressed it.

Bottom line: Write it up where and when you find it. In the US, out of the US, empty leg, live leg, preflight, postflight, day or night. When you find it is when you find it, and that is when you are REQUIRED to report it.

And, I agree with you here, too.

I never said we write a discrepency when a pax leg or it is an inconvienent place.. I will admit when I get off the phone with you guys and hear the frustration in your voice I do laugh my a$$ off on how you waste time on the phone by pausing and thinking--should I ask him to fly it? Or will he ASAP my name for pushing and end up in the mail room like the other stooge? Fact is mgt stooge-it breaks where it breaks.
The days of pilot favors are long gone and they will never return even if you paid me double a NJA contract. That bed was made by flops mgt a long time ago and now you get to sleep in it FOREVER! Why because thats the LEGAL and MORAL right way to do business. So it looks like you should get up from the OCC chair you are reading this in and go tell Mike to pack up his sh!t because he can't HANDLE THE TRUTH.
Mgt has created a group of pilots filled with rage against the unethical treatment of its front line employees. We are here till the bitter end-so learn to deal with it.
Now I KNOW that answered your question.

No, still not answered. I didn't claim that you said what's highlighted in red above, but this guy did:

Originally Posted by CALRepublic
Best time to check all 49 items:

1-Before a passenger leg

2-When aircraft is out of the country. Do a really good pre-flight in Bermuda or the Bahamas, that'll show them.

That's what I want addressed and am still waiting...

Last edited:
Cheers man. And seriously, "Don't do anything illegal for or against the company." Follow that mantra and you will be just fine.
quote]

Come on, that line still? You don't need a union to tell you that. It's like saying you need religion to tell you to be a good, moral person. Both can be accomplished without the organizations mentioned.

Q: Why do fudspinners reek?

A: Because they're full of ...

Fischman made the motion; Gunfyter gave us the second and the majority of posters agree. With all the fudspinner's BS on the board maybe I need to switch to my black cowboy boots...:p

Ok, in reference to this and subsquent post: Don't you have anything of your own to say? Instead of massaging these guys? And I didn't think you had a dog in this fight anyways...

Cheers man. And seriously, "Don't do anything illegal for or against the company." Follow that mantra and you will be just fine.
quote]

Come on, that line still? You don't need a union to tell you that. It's like saying you need religion to tell you to be a good, moral person. Both can be accomplished without the organizations mentioned.

Funny. I just re-read that post and don't see anything about any organization.

I was just trying to help. You might want to try it every now and then instead of flame baiting.

b19,

A professional never rushes. Never lets the schedules of others affect their tempo. I guess you will never understand as you are not a professional pilot, just some paid hack.

Keep them coming.

You know at some point F&H will see what a chity job you are doing and have you replaced by some punk in India. You better get that resume in order. Maybe Hoffa will hire ya! He has a real eye for the future!:laugh:

b19,

A professional never rushes. Never lets the schedules of others affect their tempo. I guess you will never understand as you are not a professional pilot, just some paid hack.

Keep them coming.

You know at some point F&H will see what a chity job you are doing and have you replaced by some punk in India. You better get that resume in order. Maybe Hoffa will hire ya! He has a real eye for the future!:laugh:

Once again, you make the assumption that a pilot is the one that makes the mistake. Plenty of accidents have happened because others have made mistakes because THEY were rushing.

Everybody in aviation are professionals, and part of being professional is running an on time flight. I wouldn't expect a pilot conducting a union slowdown to ever rush.

I can envision everybody else rushing in an attempt to make up for the union-mongering pilot that thinks he's adding to his cause by writing up a deficiency using "union standards" vs. "industry standards." in a specific attempt to disrupt the operation to prove a point.

During those periods that others are rushing are when the mistakes are made.

Pilots are the last link in a chain of events. In a military drone, the pilot isn't needed. But, mechanics, fuel and planning are still required.

Latest resources

Back