Game On

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you Guys

I just wanted to say thank you to Fozzy, Gunfighter, Fishy, Nj wife, and the many other sensible nj pilots that have supported us through this ordeal. I will openly admit I struggle with the resolve to stay her on a daily basis. Yes, it has gone down from getting pissed off a few days before I start work to wanting to walk off the job on a daily basis. I work to live, not live to work has long since infultrated my daily life. I remember when I could go to work do a good job, have some appreciation shown for my efforts and live a somewhat satisfactory livelihood. If we had 25 percent of the pilots working here that had the same ideology as fozz and gunfighter this would have been over along time ago. I appreciate all the support our fellow brothers from netjets have given us in this time of need. For the nonbelievers that have thrown incertainty in the air due to the untimely departure from the 1108, I offer this solution. Carlos Guillem and David Marker will welcome you openly into their fopa cult at any time. cheers

I just wanted to say thank you to Fozzy, Gunfighter, Fishy, Nj wife, and the many other sensible nj pilots that have supported us through this ordeal. I will openly admit I struggle with the resolve to stay her on a daily basis. Yes, it has gone down from getting pissed off a few days before I start work to wanting to walk off the job on a daily basis. I work to live, not live to work has long since infiltrated my daily life. I remember when I could go to work do a good job, have some appreciation shown for my efforts and live a somewhat satisfactory livelihood. If we had 25 percent of the pilots working here that had the same ideology as fozz and gunfighter this would have been over along time ago. I appreciate all the support our fellow brothers from netjets have given us in this time of need. For the nonbelievers that have thrown uncertainty in the air due to the untimely departure from the 1108, I offer this solution. Carlos Guillem and David Marker will welcome you openly into their fopa cult at any time. cheers

Cheers man. And seriously, "Don't do anything illegal for or against the company." Follow that mantra and you will be just fine.

This guy is going to get someone killed someday with his rhetoric. I SINCERELY hope no one takes him seriously.

Non union employees are much safer and more prevelent throughout aviation than union employees. They understand that flying IS the mission. WRONG AGAIN!!! Flying in a safe manner that provides an unparalleled experince is the mission. Any boob (you) can fly an airplane.

In union airlines, flying the mission means the chest pounding rhetoric of a union pilot who thinks that the industry couldn't exist without them. sigh...

There are lots of non-union airlines that have safety records that exceed NJ that don't require the additional layers of committees and internal labor groups like a union thinks should exist that drive up cost needlessly. Name one. Tell me about 1 airline that has been around as long as NetJets (1986) that flies to over 1800 destinations in the U.S. alone that can exceed our safety record. THERE ARE NONE.

Non-union employees are much more passionate about flying and operating an aircraft safely than union pilots. They are safer, more focused and have fewer distractions than union pilots. How? How is a non-union pilot more safe than me?

I've repeatedly seen unsafe pilots make it through the grievance process even with their union reps in agreement with the company on firing them behind the scenes. And this has NEVER happened to a non-union pilot right? Grow up.

One last though, slave labor usually doesn't have six figures with a period at the end. $19,000 a year? Is that close enough?

You are going to get someone killed.

FR8Dog, you're very welcome to my support. I pledged it when I first encouraged your group to make a stand. I followed the card drive; remember at times it seemed slow and discouraging. Well, you won the first phase and you'll win a contract, too. I plan to post special congratulations cards ...:)

When I began posting here in 2004 my husband had a similar raw deal that the overworked/underpaid Options pilots still have today. As the wife of an FO paid only 28K a year I was fed up and disgusted. It's very easy for me to empathize with frac pilots that are fighting for the fair deal that is their due. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt (literally several) from that roller coaster. It was educational.

When the NJ pilots were in negotiations I noticed that the StrongUnion group picked up more supporters with each month at the bargaining table. For the average line pilot, SU didn't start out as the savvy, well organized Union you see today. When you've been downtrodden a long time it takes awhile to learn to walk tall again. It was my privilege and pleasure to watch the NJ pilot group's transformation from apathetic individuals to committed and involved members of a Strong Union.

The Options fight feels like deja vu to me, including the pride I feel standing up for the pilots fighting for their careers, their families' welfare, fellow pilots' mutual well-being, and the advancement of the industry as a whole. Indeed, there is a lot at stake. The FltOps pilots have my full support along with my respect and admiration, too. Each example that I see here (and hear of from the pilots) tells me that the Options pilots are standing tall. Your leaders have drawn a line in the sand, pointing to the industry standard, and the Ops pilots are digging in. Hold your ground and watch. 1108 history tells us that the line will keep multiplying and getting stronger as confidence in your cause grows and pilots re-discover their self-respect.

Sincerely yours,
Netjetwife

You are going to get someone killed.

No, what gets people killed is when flights are delayed because of a "union interpretation" of what is broken instead of "industry standard" of what is broken because of "game on".

Once noted, then the flight runs late, and everybody from mechanics, fuelers, ramp personnel, customers and finally pilots rush to make up the time.

When people are rushed, schedules are changed, rest is affected, details are overlooked and accidents happen.

All because of "game on".

No, what gets people killed is when flights are delayed because of a "union interpretation" of what is broken instead of "industry standard" of what is broken because of "game on".

Once noted, then the flight runs late, and everybody from mechanics, fuelers, ramp personnel, customers and finally pilots rush to make up the time.

When people are rushed, schedules are changed, rest is affected, details are overlooked and accidents happen.

ah....your the result of cousins marrying.....

stick to what you know....which is exactly squat.

That makes absolutely no sense at all. I can't even think of a response to someting so OUT THERE.

Bob, What gets people killed is the "management interpretation" of what is broken and the intimidation practices you and your "team" force on all of the Flight Options employees on a daily basis to rush and cut corners to make up for and overlook your mistakes.

Once a descrepancy is noted and properly fixed right the first time, the flight will safely depart.

Bob, when are you going to pull your head out of your a$$ and realize this?

Last edited:
.Name one. Tell me about 1 airline that has been around as long as NetJets (1986) that flies to over 1800 destinations in the U.S. alone that can exceed our safety record. THERE ARE NONE.
CS and FLEX-sorry that's 2. Per 100,000 flight hours (apples-to-apples). Breiling safety report-2007.

Last edited:
CS and FLEX-sorry that's 2. Per 100,000 flight hours (apples-to-apples). Breiling safety report-2007.

Fair enough. :beer:

Latest resources

Back