• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Game On

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those of us with caller ID wouldn't even bother to answer the phone; we would avoid him just like we do telemarketers. Essentially their the same thing...he's pushing a bad deal (FUD) no one is interested in. Come to think of it, scrolling past his posts and/or using the ignore function--as many of us do --is the same thing. I agree with you, Shane, that his posts don't warrant a direct quote. Those are for friendly chats with online neighbors. A village idiot standing in the square banging monotonously on his drum....FUD..FUD..FUD..while demonizing boots and mock pirate voices used for fun, just sends the rest of the community in the opposite direction rolling their eyes and sympathizing with one another.

Give the frac board telemarketer equivalent the boot.

You are a pilot's wife and nothing more.

Go for it! I can not wait to see the press release. "Captain punished for writing up unairworthy aircraft!" That is bad press no frac can afford.

Man could that help the competitors!

Keep the FUD coming F&H, I will do may part knocking it back.

No, it wont' pick on the individual pilot. You are inexperienced at this stuff aren't you?

Actually, it will read something like this:

Delta Air unit Comair gets injunction against pilots

Wed Feb 7, 2007 3:04pm EST
NEW YORK, Feb 7 (Reuters) - Comair, a bankrupt unit of Delta Air Lines Inc. DALRQ.PK, on Wednesday was granted a preliminary injunction by a U.S. bankruptcy court halting any work action by its pilots related to an ongoing contract dispute.

These are the same threats that managers have used since airplanes have been flying. "You either fly that airplane or you lose your job." Isn't that the same kind of BS that B19 is regurgitating here? He is insinuating that if you discover a legitimate write up that you will be targeted.

Everyone knows that some pilots are more thorough with their preflights than others. So, in B19's estimation and esteemed opinion, that thorough, conscientious pilot will be targeted by management.

I say bring it on.

I think it would be hard to define a legitimate write up as a work action. If it's broke, it's broke. Now if everyone called in sick on the same day, then maybe you might have a case.

Last edited:
These are the same threats that managers have used since airplanes have been flying. "You either fly that airplane or you lose your job." Isn't that the same kind of BS that B19 is regurgitating here? He is insinuating that if you discover a legitimate write up that you will be targeted.

Everyone knows that some pilots are more thorough with their preflights than others. So, in B19's estimation and esteemed opinion, that thorough, conscientious pilot will be targeted by management.

I say bring it on.

No, that is not what I'm saying.

When a trend develops that can prove a concerted effort, even if it is a rogue effort, of write-ups outside of the ordinary, the injunction can be granted stopping the behavior. The trends are easy to identify because there are usually only a small percentage of pilots that will act stupidly. That small group will make the entire group look like idiots, and the union gets bad press when the injunction is issued.

Like I said, do the writeups, be safe, show the trend so the injunction can be filed. The quicker the better.

You seem to think that it can't happen.

Here is the original injuntion based on the slowdown. That wasn't "sanctioned" by the union either, but I'm certain that it made the pilots stop the behavior.

http://www.airlinesafety.com/articles/ComairInjunction.htm

These are the same threats that managers have used since airplanes have been flying. "You either fly that airplane or you lose your job." Isn't that the same kind of BS that B19 is regurgitating here? YES HE IS! He is insinuating that if you discover a legitimate write up that you will be targeted. That's what I've been trying to say! I would encourage the FI.com mods to forward this thread to the FAA. I am SURE that would be very interested in knowing that a "manager for a non-union airline" is advocating to not write up airplanes when they break. B19 would be out of aviation on his OWN accord. (He'll still blame unions. How could his FAILURE possibly be HIS fault?!?)

Everyone knows that some pilots are more thorough with their preflights than others. So, in B19's estimation and esteemed opinion, that thorough, conscientious pilot will be targeted by management. I stand by every write-up I send in.

I say bring it on.

I think it would be hard to define a legitimate write up as a work action. If it's broke, it's broke. Now if everyone called in sick on the same day, then maybe you might have a case.

No, that is not what I'm saying. Be clear then. You have not made a clear post.

When a trend develops that can prove a concerted effort, even if it is a rogue effort, of write-ups outside of the ordinary, the injunction can be granted stopping the behavior. So they are supposed to leave the items broken??? Who is supposed to do these write ups??? The trends are easy to identify because there are usually only a small percentage of pilots that will act stupidly. That small group will make the entire group look like idiots, By doing their job and writing up broken airplanes? How does that make them look like idiots? and the union gets bad press when the injunction is issued. The company gets bad press when planes start falling out of the sky too.

Like I said, do the writeups, be safe, show the trend so the injunction can be filed. The quicker the better. Speed is not the measurement of a good job.

You seem to think that it can't happen.

Here is the original injuntion based on the slowdown. That wasn't "sanctioned" by the union either, but I'm certain that it made the pilots stop the behavior.

http://www.airlinesafety.com/articles/ComairInjunction.htm

No one is scared of the same injuction you keep posting. You are throwing FUD

No one is scared of the same injuction you keep posting. You are throwing FUD

There is a massive difference between the fear, uncertainty and doubt that you post, and the fact of the injunction that was issued on the other side of the state stopping the behavior.

But then again, facts lose you in this conversation, don't they?

"From calling, permitting, authorizing, encouraging, participating in, approving of, or continuing any disruption, curtailment, or restriction of normal airline operations or procedures, including but not limited to improper maintenance write-ups, slowdowns, or other work stoppages and all acts in furtherance or in support thereof:"

This is a quote form the link you posted. The key word is "improper". Again, I stand by the fact that if it's broke, it's broke. I don't care how many times I've written something up in the past, if it's broke today, tomorrow, or the next day it should get written up when and where it is found.

Latest resources

Back