G650 here we go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

falcondrivr

I am truly happy to hav heard that GAC received their cert for the 650 last week. After the horribly unfortunate crash, and the subsequent NTSB investigation, the production line will soon gear up and pilots will start to go to school.
I hav a special place in my heart for Gulfstream jets; Over the years, i hav flown every model and every variant of every model. None of them sucked. I also grew up on Long Island near one of the original Grumman manufacturing facilities where they made Helcats and Bearcats in the 40s and later A-10s. So I hav a little bit of pride in the mark.
My hope that this new jet is all that its cracked up to be. By that I mean safe, beyond anything else. (Part of the NTSB investigation involved speculation of a potential facts cover-up by the manufacturer. I assume that since the certification was endorsed by the FAA, the NTSB conclusion was that there was no cover-up.)
My boss's new 650 is around serial number 100, so I have a couple of years to wait. Good luck to all of u who will be getting into this jet in the near future.
Im interested to hear from anyone who has any details on the delivery schedule. All i can get from SAV is that they plan on putting out about 3 per month, and they already have about 35 jets finished that only need to be painted. As of yet, they cant give me a delivery date.
Fly Safe

Your bosses will have ample opportunity to grab an earlier delivery slot if they choose....

More than a few will bail, as is typical....

Latest resources

Back