G450 type rating question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spooky 1

If you have no previous Gulfstream ratings period, and you receive a rating in the G450 does that carry over to the G550 as well and what about the plain ol'e GIV? If the 450 does not get any 550 credit, what more needs to be done for the G550 rating to be effective?

Thanks in advance..........

This from a Flight International article on the 450. " PlaneView, based on Honeywell's Primus Epic integrated avionics, was first certificated on the ultra-long-range G550 and is now fitted across the company's expanded, four aircraft large cabin line, which includes the G350, G450, and G500. All of these aircraft and the earlier GV, now share a common type rating. "

Hope that answers your question.

Typhoonpilot

Step aside, you wide-body airline puke... ;)

Spooky--The G350/450/V/500/550 are all the same rating. The IV doesn't count. Now, having said that, Flight Safety will tag you for a differences course that will make your eyes bleed when you get the bill.

We're getting a 450 to replace the IV (since the ashtrays are full...) and we will all have to do the differences course.TC

This is pretty academic to me, but this one has always bothered me. I can understand why the G350/450/500/550 have the same rating. I can understand why the IV and the 350 and 450 don't share ratings. But why do the V and the 500/550 share ratings? The difference between a V and a Planeview cockpit looks pretty substantial.

Could a V pilot get into a 550 without a differences course? Does someone with a V rating need an additional LOA for the 350/450/500/550, for the Planeview cockpit?

mzaharis said:
Could a V pilot get into a 550 without a differences course? ?

when i went from a g5 to a g550 i went to a g550 differences course. it was about a week long. a glorified recurrent. :)

I can dream can't I?

I do wish it was for me but it is another low life former airline pilot who will get it. I guess I am just stuck on the Boeing until I pull the plug. Sure is nice though when I can crawl under the sheets when my rest time comes. The humidifier, IFE, four reclining seats, two bunks and a full size head, plus a seperate crew galley, not to mention the four lovely flight attendants makes for a very nice ride. All out of sight from our pax. The grass always looks greener on the other side, I guess.

THAT'S IT! As soon as I can extricate myself from the crew rest booth I'm gonna kick Spooky's a$$! ;)

mzaharis--yeah, it's screwed up. TC

mzaharis said:
This is pretty academic to me, but this one has always bothered me. I can understand why the G350/450/500/550 have the same rating. I can understand why the IV and the 350 and 450 don't share ratings. But why do the V and the 500/550 share ratings? The difference between a V and a Planeview cockpit looks pretty substantial.

Could a V pilot get into a 550 without a differences course? Does someone with a V rating need an additional LOA for the 350/450/500/550, for the Planeview cockpit?
This because the G-350/G-450 now share the G-V systems completely. They are very different from the G-IV in that respect (which is huge)... The only common thing between the G-IV and the G-350/450 is the airframe and engines (however the 350/450 are a different dash number and they now have FADEC, they also now have the G-V NORDAM TR's as well). Even the airframe of the 350/450 has been tweeked vs. the G-IV.

Latest resources

Back