Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
Could someone please post "real world" performance for a Gulfstream-II (two) with G-III radome and Aviation Partners winglets.

I am looking for

Range -
Runway Length required -
Max Weight possible (how much weight can be transported) with full fuel -
Endurance -
etc

Thank You

Could someone please post "real world" performance for a Gulfstream-II (two) with G-III radome and Aviation Partners winglets.

I am looking for

Range -

Relative term that I always hated. Run a flight plan against current winds and worry about endurance. Anything under 6 hours and your good to go. 6:00-6:30 you want a good alternate. 6:30 + is pretty much perfect day VFR with more than one runway available.

Runway Length required -

Never had a problem departing SBA with a full bag of gas for Hawaii. Memory is a bit spottier on higher and hotter takeoffs but did ASE-MDW in July with no worries.

Max Weight possible (how much weight can be transported) with full fuel -

Depends on how heavy your interior completion is but I could do 5 or 6 pax with the full 23,500 lbs fuel in my airplane.

Endurance -

Fly 250 to .75 and cruise at .75 for routine long range trips. You want to be landing by about 6:30. If you really dig in the Cruise Control manual that Aviation Partners gives you and keep whittling the Mach number back after reaching FL 450, you could keep it in the air for a bit over 7 and land with 3000-ish pounds. I don't recommend that. Damn South Pacific controllers...

etc

Took off from Gander once at max t/o weight and reached FL 410 in 13 minutes and 132 miles downrange to get on top of the old RVSM airspace. At ISA +9. Great machine.

Thank You

My favorite airplane.

good info thanks. So I am taking from this the comforable IFR range is around 2600 NM (5.8 HRS at 450 KNOTS)

(give or take some)

good info thanks. So I am taking from this the comforable IFR range is around 2600 NM (5.8 HRS at 450 KNOTS)

(give or take some)

2600 NM is really pushing it, unless you have a good tailwind. I use .26 AOA for LRC. I've found that's the most effective speed to use, but that's not 450 kts., more like 410kts/.71 Mach give or take.

How does the G-III's performance compare to the G-II? I'm sure its "better" but just curious how.

How do the addition of winglets improve the range given an average load and winds (range)? I guess we are talking about a GIISP.

Sounds about right. I have flown the III but never maxed out the range like I have in the IISP.

Latest resources

Back