Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G boys & girls coming wearing gold ties.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wolf--Dude, you gotta get out of there before they pull the handle and the water starts swirling around the bowl. Oops! Too late. :rolleyes: TC

gunfyter said:
ie: NJI has Fly from home.... Tell me again why I did not have fly from home for many yrs... and newhires will not have it now.

You guys still don't have a real fly from home policy!! why is it that the mighty 1108 got a home domicile policy, but for only 30% of the pilots, and not only that, your policy is way too restricted when compared to ours, we can use any airport with airline service, your new policy has a list of rules, why? Heck after reading the rules, my domicile would be a no go, and I have 3 airlines that fly from it with 7 flights to a major airport, but none of the flights would get me into the NY area before noon non-stop, that is a very restrictive rule, I guess the 1108 was not mighty enough?

batsky2000 said:
.... we can use any airport with airline service....why? quote]

(Imagine Netjetwife waving her hand in the air)

I know! I know!...Teacher's Pet!

(Batsky looks confused, but NJW hangs in there)

OK, try this....It's the old Double Standard...:(

(light bulb goes on in Batsky's head)

Last edited:
This is like watching a Nascar race, wondering when the first big pile up is going to happen. This is getting good!

Rusty is going to end up like Goofy Bodine when he was driving for bessey motorsports and decided to do a "quick truck race" before daytona.

I think they are still picking up parts of the truck out of the stands.

wolfpackpilot said:
I am part of an elite group of professional pilots who operate the worlds finest, most desirable long range corporate aircraft. The Gulfstream has and always will remain the benchmark corporate airplane. I don't have to work at NetJets to fly them. I didn't start flying airplanes to sit in a Cessna. I worked and "networked" my way through the various aviation jobs to get where I am today. I'm proud of the fact I made it to the top, and I did it on my own; not with a union filing lawsuits to get me there.

Wooolfy, elite? professional pilots?? Are you kidding me??? Please dont boast like this again. This is the type of behavior that is common to a few arrogant pilots and give us all a bad name. I hate it when people say that they are too good for cessnas or other aircraft. Does it REALLY matter??? Just to keep you posted, nobody cares about how elite you are or that you finally "made it to the top." No more of this worthless personal satisfaction jargon!!!

batsky2000 said:
You guys still don't have a real fly from home policy!! why is it that the mighty 1108 got a home domicile policy, but for only 30% of the pilots, and not only that, your policy is way too restricted when compared to ours, we can use any airport with airline service, your new policy has a list of rules, why? Heck after reading the rules, my domicile would be a no go, and I have 3 airlines that fly from it with 7 flights to a major airport, but none of the flights would get me into the NY area before noon non-stop, that is a very restrictive rule, I guess the 1108 was not mighty enough?

Good question. Often, they can't even get me home to the 8th largest US city on time within 14hrs on my last day.

1108 is Mightly because... It is US. EVERYBODY on the seniority list got a Home Based Airport. Just did not get it for people who were not yet hired... at that time. I am sure we could get it -- if we wanted NJ to have another $85 million in selloffs this year.

I just gotta admit... as mighty as the IBT1108 is -- the company negotiators and union busting firm were just better. they negotiated a good deal for NJ... settling the contract for a much lower pay than I was looking for. man they did a good job. They even got a 3 yr delay in single carrier integration. Now that I look at... we really got screwed.

I worked and "networked" my way through the various aviation jobs to get where I am today. I'm proud of the fact I made it to the top, and I did it on my own; not with a union filing lawsuits to get me there.

I networked with my fellow Union Pilots. And I did it on my own.

I don't like the concept networking for jobs through the good ole boy network. This is the reason why we have AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, which I also do not like. I do not like the idea of getting a job because of WHO you know.

I have been offered jobs because of who I knew... and I refused those jobs. Its hard for me to say no to someone who gave me a job because they know me. Its like they did me a favor... now I should take the trip and do them a favor.

I don't see how networking for a job is earning it on your own. It sounds like getting other people to help you.

Now filing a lawsuit to recover what is rightly yours based on the facts of the case... that to me is more like earning something based on the merits.

Last edited:
Guitar rocker said:
Please dont boast like this again. This is the type of behavior that is common to a few arrogant pilots and give us all a bad name. I hate it when people say that they are too good for cessnas or other aircraft. Does it REALLY matter

You know folks, many of you didn’t hear me correctly. There is a natural pecking order in life. Both in the animal kingdom, and the corporate world we live in. Life is full of natural and man made discriminators which limit our abilities to obtain certain positions in life. I would have loved to play football in the NFL. It was never meant to be because I cant run fast enough. So should I sue the NFL for discrimination?

I didn’t go to any college, I went to a well established division IA school. I didn’t graduate with a 2.5 GPA, I graduated with a 3.4 GPA, Cum Laude. I didn’t set out flying airplanes to drive a Lear Jet, an Ultra or an RJ and make 70k a year. I set out to make it to the top, to fly Gulfstreams throughout the world. And that’s exactly what I do. Now if that makes you mad, or jealous, or whatever… tuff. Its America people, you have to work, and network to make it to the top. And for those who don’t have the skills to accomplish this feat, there’s always the union; they’re more than happy to speak for you.

Why should I lower myself to lesser standards just to be part of the crowd? For every one of you that sits here and tells me I’m arrogant, I’ll tell you your dragging the profession down by not holding yourself to the standards that were set by the men who came before us.

I’ve been around Fortune 100 pilots my entire life, as I come from a family of pilots. Pilots are not unlike any other group of professionals in the corporate world. You have your 1st string players right down the line to the bottom of the barrel leftovers. Where you decide to plop down and call home is a decision you make for yourself.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back