Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G boys & girls coming wearing gold ties.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
as214 said:
Get over yourself. Pilots should never brag

Wasn't bragging

as214 said:
Flying a plane isn't difficult a monkey can do it

my favorite aviation saying. And so could 500 pound fat people; and people who cant spell; and punk rockers with pink mohawks. So why aren't they?

as214 said:
Unless you're making seven figures you shouldn't be bragging about money.

I never said a word about $, sloooow doooown when you read my posts.

Fishing

In a Hurry again....

NJW....my post was meant in general to try to cover most of the bases.

Much like shark fishing, when your chumming don't be surprised at what comes to the surface and bites first.

No direct target, you just bit the bait first.

It was a small hook so it should be easy to break the line...I am using light tackle you know!!

Just leveled off for a moment....Now back to...

Still Climbing
TCA

wolfpackpilot said:
There is no, and never was common ground between NJI pilots and the Teamsters. I will judge each NJA pilot on an individual basis, his demeanor, his flying ability, and his appearance. (side note: I wont see them anyway, your not coming on the V) As a group, I have nothing to say worth typing about the Teamsters Union and their despicable actions in corporate America.

I am part of an elite group of professional pilots who operate the worlds finest, most desirable long range corporate aircraft. The Gulfstream has and always will remain the benchmark corporate airplane. I don't have to work at NetJets to fly them. I didn't start flying airplanes to sit in a Cessna. I worked and "networked" my way through the various aviation jobs to get where I am today. I'm proud of the fact I made it to the top, and I did it on my own; not with a union filing lawsuits to get me there.

I support Mr. Santulli and his effort to win the petition and to keep NJI a non-union company, separate from NJA. If he wins, good for me, bad for you. If he looses, bad for me, good for you. Either way, I will be glad when this horse runs the race.

And ask yourself this, would a flightinfo thread have 5 pages of excitement if NJI pilots won the right to bid the Ultra? We'd be playing Russian Roulette to see who would go.

Well said, WolfPackPilot, but do you think a group of pilots who are trying to steal what they couldn't earn are going to understand your post?

GEXDriver said:
Well said, WolfPackPilot, but do you think a group of pilots who are trying to steal what they couldn't earn are going to understand your post?

Steal, what a joke, pot calling the kettle black.

Let me tell you about a FlyI guy I know that was turned down at NJA. No G whiz experience at all. Networks a bit, finds a friend at NJI, meets him and the chief pilot for lunch, and has a job there within a month. If that is the type of experience you need to get in at NJI, I dont want in. I wont fluff anyone for a job.

I sort of agree with the comment someone made about 20 or so posts ago.

"Win the War but Lose the Peace."

Harrassing people and sticking their nose in a potential union victory... when an integration would necessarilly mean a slow down in upgrade for folks who are FO's... I do not see how that wins friends or influences people.

We have to make things a good deal for as close to everybody as possible.

The VAST majority of the current senioriy list will not get seats in gulfstreams. Its NOT about that in my opinion.

Its about NOT being screwed on certain working conditions"

ie: NJI has Fly from home.... Tell me again why I did not have fly from home for many yrs... and newhires will not have it now.

wolfpackpilot said:
I worked and "networked" my way through the various aviation jobs to get where I am today.
In a previous life, "networking" = "asskissing." I'm not much of a "fluffer," either.

(re: flying's so easy a monkey could do it) my favorite aviation saying. And so could 500 pound fat people; and people who cant spell... So why aren't they?
They are. In the first instance, look around the ramp once in a while. In the second, look around here once in a while... :eek:

Hawkered:

We have guys showing up to work in sneakers and running around with unaltered uniforms with their shirts hanging out, grossly overweight with poor personal grooming standards. NJI doesn't!!

I'm throwing the BS flag. Hawkered you're either trying to stir up a poop storm, or you found one guy that did not meet your parade standard. I have a suggestion. Break out your camera phone and snap a shot of these gross offenders and post them here for the world to see. I doubt you COULD do it for starters though.

I've never seen someone on duty with their shirt out. Surely you're exaggerating a tad?

If you want examples of bad uniforms then look no further than this Twin Hill debacle. The wrong shade of blue. Ill fitting trousers. Whose fault is that?

G4dude/wife?:

Your loyalty is to ones self. This is from someone who was GRATEFUL that during 911, NO ONE lost their job! Remarkable!!!! I for one am PRO NJI, SCREW the union!!!!

Let's see who RTS is loyal to come moving day. Did you not learn anything from last fall. He threw you under the bus(with promises of course that you'll be safe from his redheaded stepchildren). I don't doubt he can pull it off and you'll be saved from us heathens. I wouldn't count on it though.

PS...none of us stepchildren lost our jobs during 9/11 either.

wolfpackpilot said:
I am part of an elite group of professional pilots who operate the worlds finest, most desirable long range corporate aircraft. The Gulfstream has and always will remain the benchmark corporate airplane. I don't have to work at NetJets to fly them. I didn't start flying airplanes to sit in a Cessna. I worked and "networked" my way through the various aviation jobs to get where I am today. I'm proud of the fact I made it to the top, and I did it on my own; not with a union filing lawsuits to get me there.

And ask yourself this, would a flightinfo thread have 5 pages of excitement if NJI pilots won the right to bid the Ultra? We'd be playing Russian Roulette to see who would go.

Careful dude. You're head might get stuck walking through doorways. This isn't about you and your illustrius career Mr. Chuck Yeager. This isn't about the God Bird. This is about a sister alter ego, non-union company that never should have been started in the first place.

The equipment flown is inconsequential. It's all about SCOPE protections for the original pilot group... NJA. Ask NWA about heir issues with RJs right now (DC9 being elliminated systematically and replaced with an alter-ego EMB 190 fleet that pays half as much as their reduced wages).

In the end seniority will rule and you will have the choice to stay here at NJA or exercise your "superior" networking abilities once more into the void.

To assume that you are the only one who as ever been at the top of his game is both conceited and foolish. I am amazed that one with such personal flaws is allowed to fly the God Bird.

Latest resources

Back