• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G-4 versus the newer G's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seems like every one of my friends that left airlines for corporate are all outearning me AND are much happier to boot. Who would've thought the day would come when corporate is the place to be!

I believe your friends are in the minority there, as there are tons of corporate pilots out on the streets looking for work, including myself! I'm looking to get back into the airlines ASAP, because at least at an airline, you have a seniority number to hang onto when the going gets rough. On the corporate side, when the #%@)$ hits the fan, you don't have a seniority number to count on.

Last edited:
Hi Ddpilot... yep they all scored in big in the corporate world. Holidays off... many weekends off... bonuses... stock options... where do I sign up? lol

I believe your friends are in the minority there, as there are tons of corporate pilots out on the streets looking for work, including myself! I'm looking to get back into the airlines ASAP, because at least at an airline, you have a seniority number to hang onto when the going gets rough. On the corporate side, when the #%@)$ hits the fan, you don't have a seniority number to count on.

Yeah but when your airline gets bought and you get stuck on the bottom of the list, moving laterally in corporate sure looks good.

There's good and bad to both. Sorry you're out of work.

TC

Hey, great thread! I'm one of those pilots that is always curious about corporate aircraft... how far, how high, and most importantly HOW MUCH PAY!!! (with the way things are going here at AMRon, I'm trying to keep my options open.) I especially like the fact that you guys can make more $$$ flying 220 less passengers in a much smaller, way more advanced plane!

Seems like every one of my friends that left airlines for corporate are all outearning me AND are much happier to boot. Who would've thought the day would come when corporate is the place to be!

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/12531343/airline-guys?page=1

Hey, great thread! I'm one of those pilots that is always curious about corporate aircraft... how far, how high, and most importantly HOW MUCH PAY!!! (with the way things are going here at AMRon, I'm trying to keep my options open.) I especially like the fact that you guys can make more $$$ flying 220 less passengers in a much smaller, way more advanced plane!

As far as I am concerned, it has been the place to be for 25 years.

semperfido - you sound like the minority in the corporate world... 25 years, wow! have you been gainfully employed as a corporate pilot that long? seriously, that's awesome and I would love to hear about it. not too often I hear about that long of a career in corporate (my friends are in their 10th year but still relatively young.. 38 or so.)

semperfido - you sound like the minority in the corporate world... 25 years, wow! have you been gainfully employed as a corporate pilot that long? seriously, that's awesome and I would love to hear about it. not too often I hear about that long of a career in corporate (my friends are in their 10th year but still relatively young.. 38 or so.)

I guess I'm a real rarity too. Just started my 20th year in corporate flying which is all I ever wanted to do in this stoopid industry. Worked as a line service tech while finishing my ratings. First time I stuck my head in a Gulfstream cockpit, it was all over. I was flying a G-IISP four years later.

The real rarity? I've only had three jobs in those 20 years. Lucky or good I'm not sure.

BTW, the HARDEST Gulfstreams to tell apart from the outside? G450 and the G350....it can be done, but not every time.

The TWA/OZ merger obviously left fido a shell of a man, wracked with bitterness that he hides with a cheerful, laid-back facade. So sad...

:D :p

TC

Latest resources

Back