• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

future wife doesn't understand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am a pilot's wife, too and I say RUN! And figure out why you picked the same type of woman as your first wife!

After my last airline died, I got a job second shift in a factory. 3pm to 11pm (or 3am.) When I first got hired at the present gig, we had 7 days off /mo. I saw my kids more as a commuter. (at work when they got home from school-came home when they were in bed-still asleep when they left for school.)
Sometimes when I get home, I'm more of an inconvienience than a help. Commuting isn't for people who are clingy or jealous, but it can work for couples who can be independent. I think you need to find out why she won't move. Her reasons may be good and/or flexible. My wife won't relocate since she helps take care of her aging parents. There was a poster on this board a few months ago who complained about her husband commuting.
Obviously I can't tell you what to do, except take time to do a lot of soul searching. Don't be bitter over a missed opportunity and be mad at her for years, but don't throw her away for a job that may not be what you thought it was supposed to be. What is important to you? just my.02 Best wishes whatever your descision.

Lets be honest.

You are going to have sex a finite number of times during the month. Maybe 5, maybe 25, maybe 50 (yeah...right...)

Pilots get to have sex with their spouses using the formula (number of times we REALLY have sex) divided by (number of nights home).

Two ways to spice up the sex life are increase the top line (difficult) or increase the bottom line (easy). Keeping a one to one or better ratio is just good business for all concerned. In other words--if we aren't going to have sex, why don't I just stay on the road in a nice hotel where I can drink, watch ESPN all night and surf the internet, and not have to suffer through your mindless banter, dirty house, and lousy cooking?

It also increases your reputation with your spouse's buddies...."Oh....he/she is a TIGER...we have sex EVERY night we are together..."

Flying is good for both of us. Get used to it--or get gone...

Uh.....girlfriends? Yeah, don't take the aviation job and when the girlfriend dumps you.....then what?

I agree with pilot's wife.
The terminology for that would be "getting owned" like a B. But a job in aviation isn't exactly "making it". Its not like if you dont land that high paying 30,000-70,000 average flying job you are screwed for life. My buddies that quit aviation early and prioritized family/friends are some of the happiest people i know, they make similar or more money than most of us pilots that "made it", and they didnt have to pay dues for 15 G.D years

papps there also many of us who got out of flying and found out they missed it. Even with all of its limitations it beats the 8-5-office routine. Besides how do you know if your family is actually happier when you are gone?

The terminology for that would be "getting owned" like a B. But a job in aviation isn't exactly "making it". Its not like if you dont land that high paying 30,000-70,000 average flying job you are screwed for life. My buddies that quit aviation early and prioritized family/friends are some of the happiest people i know, they make similar or more money than most of us pilots that "made it", and they didnt have to pay dues for 15 G.D years

That's fine but you said not to pick flying over even a girlfriend. That's a little over the top unless you think she is "the one" or something and even then you can have your girlfriend and fly too.

What's wrong with paying your dues? That's the problem with people these days....they all want instant gratification. If you want the good aviation jobs, dang right you should pay your dues. WTFO?

That's fine but you said not to pick flying over even a girlfriend. That's a little over the top unless you think she is "the one" or something and even then you can have your girlfriend and fly too.

What's wrong with paying your dues? That's the problem with people these days....they all want instant gratification. If you want the good aviation jobs, dang right you should pay your dues. WTFO?

You are a retard...over. You don't know anything about my situation and if i payed dues or not. As far as chucking this job in favor of the people in my life, I would rather do that than spend endless hours locked up on a flight deck with an av-dork like you that talks about "whats wrong with people these days" and uses "WTFO". WTFO is the gayest saying in aviation history and you are a moron. I did pay my dues, thanks for checking, now if we can just make sure the other 4million people on flight info payed their dues we will be all set. By the way megadeth sucks. Now go tell the admin that someone hurt your feelings. ;)

Latest resources

Back