future wife doesn't understand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dtb!!!!!!!!

I woulda said it in more words, and less direct...but yeah. My girlfriend of years fully understands what it means to be with a pilot, she knew from the start. She likes moving and thinks a 7on 5 off schedual would be great (I couldnt stand the simple "homecoming" type...yee haw)

Ask your girl if she'd be happy with different combinations of days on and off, if she would prefer a guy with a 9am to 5pm schedual, then I'd be worried about her looking for a bedwarmer while you're gone!

Does she have a sister... how bout the future mother-in-law... any hope there?

I'm with the rest of the folks here. Run like the wind.

I don't fly for a living, but I told the perfect woman (my wife now) a couple of years ago after we met that if she couldn't handle flying with me....

Our relationship wasn't going to get off the ground.

No woman is worth giving up flying for....not even the "perfect" woman.

if she won't support your flying habit, she could not be perfect.

Very good advice from "pilots-wife" - listen to her - after all she should know!

If your girlfriend is not supporting you DUMP her ASAP! It'll suck for a while but you'll be much happier in the long run.

I have been working as an A&P/IA for the last couple of years so I've been at home so to speak. I recently got laid off and need to go back to flying as there are no other mechanic jobs around. This means one of two things either we pack our stuff sell the house and move,( which she says she won't do so it's not really an option), or I'll have to be gone while flying for multiple days in a row. Now she says this would be OK but tears up and and throws out the comment " I would never stop you from doing what you want to do". I've tried explaining that it's not really what I want to do(being gone alot, I love the flying part) but it's a decent living and I've gotta have a job. How do I make her understand that since she won't move that I can't be at home and make a living. I've already been divorced once because I was pilot, why don't alot of women understand that pilots have to travel for a living? Why do they feel the need to act like you want to leave them? Any suggestions would REALLY be appriciated! bell47
Never choose aviation over friends, family, or even girlfriends.

Never choose aviation over friends, family, or even girlfriends.

Uh.....girlfriends? Yeah, don't take the aviation job and when the girlfriend dumps you.....then what?

I agree with pilot's wife.

My goodness I agree with Capt. Mega, pilot's wife has it figured out, like most military spouses. They are going to be gone. It comes with the profession.

Latest resources

Back