• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future of Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Continental will take as many Jumpseaters as they have jumpseats. So some 737's have 2 JS then they take 2. Most only take on. Continental Express (Express Jet) will take as many jumpseaters as we have room for. Pilots AND dispatchers from any FAR 121 airline. This just changed due to the kindness of our management.

On the Cargo note.........Fedex has had cockpit door installed for some time yet still does not allow offline Jumpseaters.

And SDF continues to be a problem for guys trying to JS into or out of UPS's hub.

Just for clarification Northwest will take two per aircraft regardless of how many jumpseats there physically are on the airplane. On Airlink flights I believe they are unlimited (XJ and 9E). A quick thanks to all the NW and XJ guys who have been getting me to beautiful GFK lately - you are always welcome to cram yourself into the back of my RJ.

Actually NWA will take multipule offline jumpseaters, and yes that means more than two. For some reason they will only take two NWA jumpseaters.

For some reason they will only take two NWA jumpseaters.

Perhaps a limited attempt to discourage commuting among their own pilots?

Latest resources

Back