• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future AA retirements?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you every notice that fortune tellers live in the dumpiest places? Seems like if they could tell the future they would make better financial decisions.

Unrelated:
Wow 10 years to upgrade! That’s a lot.

Is that a serious statement? It comes in cycles. I flew with guys at TWA who couldn't upgrade off the panel for 15 years. In the big picture, a 25 - 30 yr old newhire making Captain by 40 is pretty good. I know some other airlines a quicker, some are slower.

TWA told me I'd be a Capatin in 5 years. How'd that work out?!?!?:rolleyes:

I just think the predictions on this site are humorous, I have been told by people with much more insight than Slick that I will upgrade in 6 to 7 years at SWA. I will know the exact date when I get the call from Dallas. So take no offense Slick, or anyone else making predictions on this sight if I don't plan my schedule based on their "insight".

Last edited:
No offense taken.

Here is how you plan your major airline upgrade to captain:

1. Get your tickets punched
2. Get lots of jet PIC
3. Apply to everyone
4. Go to work where you get hired

It's pretty easy, really.

No offense, but if one is to beleive the reports, there's going to be a lot less over the next 5 years or so.

I'm sure that's part of bush's plan to help make the airlines fly on time!

No offense, but if one is to beleive the reports, there's going to be a lot less over the next 5 years or so.

I'm sure that's part of bush's plan to help make the airlines fly on time!

Yeah, that is the problem with reports and numbers. You spin them however you would like. One day the spin will be that the airlines will reduce capacity (we need to raise fairs) and the next day it will be the fact that the FAA is forecasting major growth in passenger travel numbers (FAA needs a larger budget). I don't believe any of them 100% since they all leave details out.

Not too mention that any expansion/contraction/merger throws a wrench in those numbers. Pull the lever on the side of the machine and hope 777 (cap) comes up.

Latest resources

Back