• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs at FLOP's????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the business isn't there, a motivated vs non-motivated pilot group doesnt make a bit of difference. And guess what, the business isnt here.

Insisting on an industry standard contract during these times is just stupid. Industry standard right now is unemployment. I hope your not a contract negotiator. The pilots I've talked to on the road this week would be happy just to keep their jobs without concessions. Give us the money when the economy turns.

So you're gonna send out some money to the 104 pilots to help them out?......yeah that's what i though, just sit there being stupid.

They coulda been saved if the money hungry managers woulda taken a 1% pay cut......the company would probly do great if the gave back 5%.....but they can't do that, cause then they would have to wait until next quarter to buy that new boat.

that's undisputable.

what concessions? We don't nearly make enough to "give" back to the company a$$hole. We will continue to negotiate in good faith.... this whole mess is cyclical and it will get better.

So, you will take your money now when it doesn't exist and hope that it improves to pay for it, right?

How many carriers no longer exist because of the spike in fuel prices over the last year? If the economic downturn continues and the new administration "spreads the well" as suggested, the same impact could happen to fracs that happened during the fuel price spike.

The problem is that fcksticks like you will always be around and that we have to protect ourselves against that. $hit... anymore back to the company would be like going to a feeder.

A CBA is a cost, and somebody has to pay for it. I don't see the union knocking down doors with the guys in sales trying to create new business and revenue streams. A CBA is a pure expense, there are no revenue streams associated with it.

So how does it feel having Thanksgiving at your house when you know 104 of us just got put out on the street right before the Christmas season?

Been there done that personally, BECAUSE OF A UNION and their inaction during times of need. I can personally empathize with those pilots. So while you blame management for their misfortune, I will forever blame the union for mine. Fortunatly for me, working in a non-union situation prevents that from happening to me ever again.

Is there an open season on corporate jagbags such as yourself?

Been there done that personally, BECAUSE OF A UNION and their inaction during times of need. I can personally empathize with those pilots. So while you blame management for their misfortune, I will forever blame the union for mine. Fortunatly for me, working in a non-union situation prevents that from happening to me ever again.

Translation: I've got to blame someone. My buddies in management said it was the union's fault and then my wife left me because the photos came out of me with young boys. So now the only thing I can do is get a job in management. They say I'm doing great but I hear them snickering down the hall about all the mistakes I've made in my life.

Translation: I've got to blame someone. My buddies in management said it was the union's fault and then my wife left me because the photos came out of me with young boys. So now the only thing I can do is get a job in management. They say I'm doing great but I hear them snickering down the hall about all the mistakes I've made in my life.

You must be talking from personal experience.

I know it was the union's fault. I was there and got the unfiltered information direct from the negotiators myself. You haven't a clue as to what the union does in those rooms. It's embarrassing and if there is a place where a camera should be, that's it.

Wah wah wah.

So the company is a saint and the union is evil?

Please get over yourself. You made crappy career choices and this is just another one. Everyone still hates you.

Wah wah wah.

So the company is a saint and the union is evil?

Please get over yourself. You made crappy career choices and this is just another one. Everyone still hates you.

No, the company's already there and the union comes in and makes it difficult to keep afloat.

I didn't make crappy career choices, as a matter of fact, I made very good career choices that were forced to change as a result of unions.

My last choice, and my current choice, was to a non-union carrier. That was clearly my best choice as there is no internal union turmoil, the pay and benefits are the best I've ever enjoyed in the industry and I have the most fun.

You guys fighting with the union have to live with yourselves and how you have degraded the quality of life for all around you.

If the business isn't there, a motivated vs non-motivated pilot group doesnt make a bit of difference. And guess what, the business isnt here.

Insisting on an industry standard contract during these times is just stupid. Industry standard right now is unemployment. I hope your not a contract negotiator. The pilots I've talked to on the road this week would be happy just to keep their jobs without concessions. Give us the money when the economy turns.

Ahh... but the money was there when 1108 made them the promises and didn't deliver on a contract three years ago.

Now, because 1108 has failed to do as promised, they blame the company, not the union for the industry leading contract they are never going to get. Three years of failures now, and those pilots are going to be lucky to even have jobs when all this is over.

1108 was going to "fix the world" and take over the entire fractional industry.

Not only did they not get it done at FLOPS, the NJ union they helped bailed out and left them on their own!

Now THAT's brotherly love! :laugh:

1108 was going to "fix the world" and take over the entire fractional industry.
Completely untrue. What makes you say that? Where was that in the bylaws? Where is that ever written?

Latest resources

Back