• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs At Chautauqua?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
let's get one thing straight learlove you douchebag....

Your world is flying a boat owned by mother airways....

nobody owns us, we fly jets and we have a standup pilot group that is fighting a fight that you can't and won't.

here's a nickel-buy a clue

WELCOME(NOT) TO THE REAL WORLD!

Below is BB's lastest propaganda.

Company Update for July 10, 2003

Good Afternoon. It’s been another week of big announcements in the regional sector. As you will read below, Mesa continues to chalk up impressive new deals with UAL and US Airways and now Trans States is getting in with a new agreement with UAL. Now that the news is out, I can share with you that we were within days of signing an MOU with UAL for this very aircraft order when the news of the strike vote was announced. That was enough to kill UAL’s enthusiasm for completing the agreement with Chautauqua. After having spent nearly a year on this deal, to lose it to Trans States over something as “ill-considered” as the strike vote is a bitter pill to swallow. The addition of 25 RJ’s in ORD and IAD would have been a very positive development for our airline as it was a perfect fit within our geographic operating area. The addition of 25 more RJ’s would have created 200 new pilot positions [100 captain upgrades], 100 new FA’s, 50 new Technician positions and 25 support staff positions, for a total of 375 new jobs. Of course adding another major partner would have given us the type of diversity we like; replacing the loss of AWA in our system, not to mention the other benefits of doing business with the largest carrier flying the Pacific. Clearly this was a huge loss to Chautauqua and a huge win for Trans States. These types of opportunities simply don’t come around every day or every year for that matter. This means a permanent loss of new jobs and upgrades for our people; besides the fact that handing TSA a gift of this nature will only make them a more difficult competitor down the road. It’s a bad outcome for Chautauqua both in the short and long term.

The airline also finds itself in an unanticipated staff overage due to the unexpected loss of financing on the next 3 US Airways RJ’s. Unfortunately we will be furloughing about 60 pilots over the next 2 months. Of course 3 aircraft does not equal 60 pilots, but we had been building our staff in anticipation of getting more flying. We now know that no longer looks like a realistic possibility. If we can find replacement financing or find used aircraft as an alternative, we hope to position the airline to bring many of these furloughed employees back in October or November. However, it is highly unlikely we will be able to accomplish this as long as our labor situation remains unresolved. The loss of aircraft financing and the loss of new business were predictable repercussions of the strike vote; these are clearly “self-inflicted” wounds.

Last edited:
So, why did they vote for a strike???????????? It's not that they care you created Republic or won't share your profits, it just because they want to see their company fail and not get extra flying. Of course blame the pilots!!!!!!!!!!

For BB to blame the pilots for this is disgusting. Who's to say the deal he "almost" signed wasn't meant for Republic? It obvious that UAL doesn't want the best small-jet feed; just the cheapest. And his sanctimoniousness is appalling.

"let's get one thing straight learlove you douchebag....

Your world is flying a boat owned by mother airways....

nobody owns us, we fly jets and we have a standup pilot group that is fighting a fight that you can't and won't.

here's a nickel-buy a clue

WELCOME(NOT) TO THE REAL WORLD!"

:eek: :confused:
Could someone please tell me if my above post came out in a foreign language or something? The post was in support of the Chit taco pilot group. Hello mr. embdriver guy, we all have our problems, join the party - in time it wont hurt as much, you'll become numb to the pain, but you know what I gusess according to your infinate knowledge your pilot group is the only one in the history of aviation to stand up against management and whip shawing. If you'd like I'd be happy meet you in the crew room and show you how this "duchebag" will back himself up with fists if your up for it. I'll be in both PHL and LGA crewrooms this weekend - bring it on.

Anyone who thinks we lost a UAL deal....well, I've got Ocean Front Property in the Arizona Desert for ya'. This is so blatant and transparent. I hope everyone can see it for themselves.

This will be MGT's way to spin Republic away from J4J. You wait. "Fearless Leader" will blame it on the strike vote and in a Bill Clinton voice, "I've worked harder than I have ever worked in my life, but I just can't give you a tax cut!" (Translation: Republic has to stick around now in order to find a home for the UAL deal we lost--the one we never had!)

What a joke.........................

Thank gawd I have an MBA. I may want to break it out of the wrapper soon.............................................this INDUSTRY makes me want to gouge out my eyes....and everything I see flies in the face of everything I ever learned in biz school.

"Not all those who can't...teach."

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

The letter posted by Capt. America is exactly the same type of memo we get once every few months here at ALG and they also show up at PDT too. I have a nice collection of memos and letter by out president and other management types aiming pitty and sorrow at the pilot group for letting the company and US Airways down. It always - you guys didn't perform well enough - or the ALG pilot group continues to choose not to work with the company and as a result bla bla bla ........ - it all our fault, always, every time, even 911 - that was the pilot groups fault too, that will be in the Aug letter.

To all those Chautauqua newbies that are furlowed......Keep the faith and believe in the cause. When we finish this it we make an already great place to work even better. Despite managements best efferts to dilute the "culture" of the pilot group we have stayed the course. I only have a few concerns with the current situation.

1) Some of our junior people are already furlowed from somewhere else. (what a kick in the balls)

2) We need to increase communication, this would mainly be aimed at our newer employee but there are veterans that could use some accurate info also.

The point is We have hired many people over the past couple of years and They need to understand what is going on. This isnt about them upgrading. Management will use this as a carrot as they already have.

3) Lastly, If the mediater fails to do his job.....time will tell.

" War is Cruelty the Crueler it is the quicker it will end."-William Sherman-

UNITY to FIGHT for what is RIGHT!!!!

If there is a strike and Republic is indeed started, how will their pilots be seen in the industry? Obviously, not in a positive light, but will this be considered flying struck work or 'scab' labor?

SKKAABBBB

Gentlemen!

Working for Repubix is basically being a scab. I won't argue
semantics, but the bottom line is this, you can make more
money at Home Depot. Have some self respect and some
pride, if any of you do ever get to a Major airline hiring board
(if there's any left) believe me, they'll remember.
We ALL will.
Be careful out there!
Stop the EROSION of our industry.

I think I just thought of a new kitbag sticker

<STOP EROSION NOW>

Latest resources

Back