• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs At Chautauqua?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That really sucks! I know a couple of people in training at CHQ who were furloughed from ACA just a couple of months ago.

Best of luck to the furloughed pilots.

are you kidding?

You must be kidding... right?

These guys got a short-cut to the airlines! They've never paid their dues!

Sure being furloughed from anywhere is lousy. But what they're feeling is nothing compared to the YEARS that major airline furloughees have invested into their careers as flight instructors, freight dogs, military aviators, turboprop f/os, turboprop captains, rj f/os rj captains, mainline f/os....

I feel bad for the DCA instructors -- but they're still in a better position than 99% of the furloughees out there.

Class breakdown

Not like it really matters too much at this point, but...just in case my math is fuzzy.

Anyone care to post the numbers for classes since April 21? There was class April 21, May 5, May 21, June 5...June 30th? Is that it?

Thanks

I cannot find the numbers for the Newhire classes.... I am digging out the Captain Upgrade classes....

Last edited:
Captain Upgrade Class Sizes....

April 7 - 14
April 21 - 8
May 12 - 8
May 23 - 12
June 9 - 9
June 23 - 14

I have a friend that was in the April 21st class and if my memory serves me correct there was about 10 pilots in that class. Now he is about 3-4 weeks out of IOE and loving his job. Lets hope that the furloughs are not a reality or atmost very shortlived.

Re: why finish the sim checks?

flewa72 said:
Just curious--why finish up the sims through the checkride unless you were positive they'd be back soon? Isn't there a requirement to get 100 hours in 120 days (extendable to 150) after the check ride or is that just if you are new to type?

They could be offered jobs at SA or Republic and thier trainning is already done. Plus with Chq picking up the trainning cost it would make the bottom line look better at the other Wex carriers. Remember that when the company fires the Saab pilots after 9/11 the gave thier phone #'s to SA. A lot of the pilots got calls without ever sending in an app.

PilotRon said:
Due to recent labor developments the Company has lost financing commitments for current aircraft deliveries. This event was not contemplated as we implemented our staff and training requirements. Since it is highly unlikely that we will be able to find alternatives in the near term, the Company now finds itself with a substantial number of excess crew members. Accordingly, and with regret, we will have to make adjustments to target staffing levels resulting in furloughs as soon as July 31, 2003.

Bart Wooldridge
Chief Pilot

C'mon Bart. Shouldn't you have written---Due to CHQ's inability to otherwise muscle the pilot group into paycuts and other work rule concessions we are attempting to blame the current financing difficulties on the pilot group rather than on our own inability to accept that the pilot's working here need to earn a decent living. By furloughing pilot's we hope to scare the remaining pilots into believing they too will lose their jobs if they don't accept whatever proposal we throw on the table. We regret that our tacktics of walking out on meetings and constant delays for the past two years have not worked so we are hopeful that subtle theats and intimidation will be helpful in reaching a pilot contract that we can dictate the terms of.

Trained and Ready for Republic

I agree with what has been said.

Wexford has just created a source for hiring trained EMB145 pilots. Interesting idea. Come to work at Republic and you won't be out on the street.

I also found it interesting that they are furloughing pilots but not Flight Attendants? Are they not required for aircraft staffing????

Welcome to our world

that memo reeks of whip shawing the pilot group. 3 aircraft, 62 pilots, thats 20 pilots per jet, wholly staffing - whatever.

Once againg Chit Taco guys, welcome to our world

Latest resources

Back