• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs at AA, you know they are coming

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What you meant to say is there won't be any Delta furloughs. LOA 19 sees to that.

They'll just park the redtail DC-9s and 747s and furlough the NWA guys.

the no furlough class is not worth the paper it is written on.. dont get overly wrapped up in thinking it is a hard no furlough clause...

What you meant to say is there won't be any Delta furloughs. LOA 19 sees to that.

Aint going to happen that way Kool-Aide boy. The no-furlough clause isn't worth the paper it is written on. Remember force-majeur (horse manuer)? DAL will furlough whoever/whenever they want.

But thanks for trying to trash another pilot group in the face of adversity.

That's ALPA in a microcosm right there. I got mine, pull up the ladder!

Remember, what goes around comes around.

ONE AIRLINE ONE CONTRACT = shared pain when things start to go bad.

You've gotta be kidding me...

I'll join the CHORUS in saying that no furlough claus piece of paper is good for one thing, when you're out in the bush and need to wipe yer a..

You're just a number pal and any MGMT sees you just as that, a number to be managed. The ax is coming, not if but when. I feel for all of you guys. I got whacked (furloughed) in 2003, resigned from UAL in 2007 and never looked back.

The entire industry is so dysfunctional, hell make that the entire current American corporate system. What the hell can you do...I walked away in disgust and now just watch with morbid fascination from the sidelines..

Good luck everyone,

Delta stated they will layoff 2000 a few weeks ago. If those numbers do not include pilots, I would be shocked. We all know they will.

You need to check your info, man. Delta didn't lay anyone off. It offered a buyout for which 30,000 employees were eligible, and they were hoping to get 2000 takers. The offer was not extended to pilots - they're going to be a little short this summer as it stands right now.

I spoke to DAL crew resources yesterday, no displacements planned and they are going to be short in the 767 domestic and ER operations for the summer. Said they will be way too thin this fall with more 777's and schedule of 737-7's on the way, no way they can fill the seats without hiring or taking pilots out of other aircraft...which ones will remain to be seen, but for now it looks like there will be more reductions at DAL via RJ's then MD80's or DC9's.

Last edited:
He advancement of one concept in this country will solve the whole problem: Drill!

I know of one way Delta could save millions on fuel.....don't let the pilots take their egos with them on the flight>>>> that will save tons of weight.

AA knows that if they even think about BK, that a whole bunch of Captains are going to retire like RIGHT NOW. That would create utter chaos in the operation.

If Arpey thinks he's coming to the pilot well one more time for concessions, he might as well burn the company to the ground.

I concur, no furloughs IMO. However, there is no second recall class in June, only 17 in the first (and only) June recall class, and that will probably be the last recall class this year.

Just my f*&king luck. ~100 numbers away...

stlflyguy

Actually, not only have gas and oil prices almost doubled, food costs increased, and consumer confidence at it's lowest, it's all been done with a DEMOCRATIC run Congress. Gotta love Pelosi and her 100 day promise.

Obama's just another Jimmy Carter. Let them vote for that idiot! Maybe he'll bring this so called "change". You think it's bad now, just wait till Obama gets in. He'll screw it all up!

Latest resources

Back