• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed: What do you miss?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TransStates. Except for the apology. Shaniquatonda never apologizes.

ha! I'll never forget "J-Dawg"....it's what he called himself. When he was new and mess something up, I'd be polite and help him out as much as possible. But when he told me "I'm sorry about the confusion. I just finished my masters which is in Aviation/Airline Crew Scheduling. I'm used to talking about it in class and reading about it in the books, but actually doing it is the problem"....I chuckled and said "Masters in Crew Scheduling, huh?" ....Yeah, it's a course they offered at the college I went to in Washington State." When he was dead serious about it, I just felt sorry for him.

Have fun making $20,000 a year and giving up a job that you can support a family with. You obviously haven't been in it long enough to know what you are really missing.

Obviously not if he's furloughed. But then that raises questions that maybe he has a trust fund waiting for him.
Or maybe he's into S&M and loves being abused on a daily bases.

Have fun making $20,000 a year and giving up a job that you can support a family with. You obviously haven't been in it long enough to know what you are really missing.

Hate to break the news to you but I grew up in it. I know exactly what I'm getting myself into. If you think flying for the airlines sucks so bad then get out and make room for people who want to be there, like me!

THAT was just the first year.

I made 40K the second year. I could live just fine on that. You really should do a better job of picking which regional you work for.

Oh, let me guess.....the FIRST one that called. 1000 hours 121 PIC and you're gone......right? How'd THAT work out?

Then you probably should stay off the forum.

Why? Id love to hear your reasoning. Is it because I think the profession is horrible? Doesn't mean I don't want to read whats going on; all it means is that I dont want to get involved career wise. BTW- I do appreciate your advice, but Im not going to heed it.

Latest resources

Back