Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed then free type... which type do you get?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I_Love_Lamp

Kill a man with a trident
I've heard of programs where when you get furloughed, you can get the government to pay for a free type rating. First, I was curious as to whether anyone had any supplemental information about that.

Secondly, if you were to get a type that would make you employable (and you have 0 time in type and 0 turbine PIC, with no desire to go to SWA), what type would you get? Citation? Lear? 747 just for the hell of it?

Hi!

Benefits vary by COUNTY.

When I was furloughed, I tried the county I lived in, and the one I was employed with. Both would give me $0.

Other pilots, got money towards their types.

Some got 100% paid for, others 50%, others less.

It varies by county.

Good luck!

cliff
YIP
PS-I think the most marketable type, for the most number of jobs, would be either an Airbus 318/321, 737 or a 747 type rating. There are TONS of jobs for those types in Asia.

I would get some sort of Citation type mostly because if you want to go into corporate, most require at least a type, if not time in the airplane. I say Citation since if you pick a random company...most likely they will have some sort of Citation. If you have zero interest in corporate, I would go 737 for the sole fact that it is the most widely flown commercial airplane....regardless you have no interest in SWA.

Just my .02 cents.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back