Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed then free type... which type do you get?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I_Love_Lamp

Kill a man with a trident
I've heard of programs where when you get furloughed, you can get the government to pay for a free type rating. First, I was curious as to whether anyone had any supplemental information about that.

Secondly, if you were to get a type that would make you employable (and you have 0 time in type and 0 turbine PIC, with no desire to go to SWA), what type would you get? Citation? Lear? 747 just for the hell of it?

Hi!

Benefits vary by COUNTY.

When I was furloughed, I tried the county I lived in, and the one I was employed with. Both would give me $0.

Other pilots, got money towards their types.

Some got 100% paid for, others 50%, others less.

It varies by county.

Good luck!

cliff
YIP
PS-I think the most marketable type, for the most number of jobs, would be either an Airbus 318/321, 737 or a 747 type rating. There are TONS of jobs for those types in Asia.

I would get some sort of Citation type mostly because if you want to go into corporate, most require at least a type, if not time in the airplane. I say Citation since if you pick a random company...most likely they will have some sort of Citation. If you have zero interest in corporate, I would go 737 for the sole fact that it is the most widely flown commercial airplane....regardless you have no interest in SWA.

Just my .02 cents.

Latest resources

Back