Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed mainline pilots entitled to left seat of their regional carriers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And uhhh what are you making????

Okay, just one more PCL quote from yesterday then it'll be time to relax...Hey outtahere, he actually answered your question in another thread about not being able to afford Air Tran stock, another fine example of his BS...

PCL Quote:

I would love to buy, but on this crappy FO pay, I can't afford shares at even $2.

Exposed again for the fraud he spouts!

Now time to relax with my morning coffee.

Last edited:
Okay, just one more PCL quote from yesterday then it'll be time to relax...Hey outtahere, he actually answered your question in another thread about not being able to afford Air Tran stock, another fine example of his BS...

PCL Quote:

I would love to buy, but on this crappy FO pay, I can't afford shares at even $2.

Exposed again for the fraud he spouts!

Now time to relax with my morning coffee.

No BS. Our CA rates are above average, our FO rates are crap. But then again, so are yours.

No BS. Our CA rates are above average, our FO rates are crap. But then again, so are yours.

They are crap....I can't afford the paycut....:D

How long do you figure for upgrade?

They are crap....I can't afford the paycut....:D

It was a big pay cut for me, too. Ate away most of my savings first year.

How long do you figure for upgrade?

With no growth, I figure seven years, which would place me at a little over eight years from newhire date to upgrade. With some mild growth in a couple of years, I would say five years till upgrade. In any case, a lot longer than originally expected.

With no growth, I figure seven years, which would place me at a little over eight years from newhire date to upgrade. With some mild growth in a couple of years, I would say five years till upgrade. In any case, a lot longer than originally expected.

....and what does an eight year FO realisticly make at Air Tran....?

....and what does an eight year FO realisticly make at Air Tran....?

Depends on how much you want to fly. For me, not wanting to fly very much, only in the low $70k range. For someone flying 85+ hour lines, somewhere in the high $80k range. If you really want to work hard, you could probably get up into the mid-$90s. In other words, not near enough. Meanwhile, we have Captains making $200k. The payscale is extremely out of proportion.

Not quite true. Most regionals don't require a BA, my interview at PCL was a total joke, 20 minutes bs'ing with the CP. My interview at GIA was 30 minutes and consisted of 1 question, the rest was bs'ing.....and they don't require a degree. My interview at DAL was 2 days, written test, psych test, psych interview, physical and 3rd party background check.

You want a mainline job.......go through the process the rest of us did. In the meantime your job isn't in jeopardy unless the carrier you work for is wholly owned and has a flow up/down agreement already in place. Word is that the JPWA just signed with DAL/NWA has such an agreement with Compass/Mesaba...part of the price of working for a wholly owned. If you work there then you knew about it before you accepted the job, along with the possibility of flowing up....and the danger of flow downs. If you worked at Mesaba before this agreement was in place, then in all likely hood you are a career Mesaba driver and are so senior that any flowdowns will not affect you in any way, shape or form.
And if you want a regional job, answer the question, spend a year 21.00hr, fly to KRAP for the next 3 years, and then upgrade in order. You wanna step to the front of any line, be it Subway, peenuckle, or SKYW then you are not gonna get much sympathy from anyone except your fellow line cutters.
PBR

I do give GoJet pilots a break that didn't know any better when they took the job. Many of the GoJet noobs have no idea what they're getting themselves into and don't have the slightest clue about the history of GoJet. They obviously get a pass.
No they don't get a "pass" anyone who takes a job and/or starts a career without doing even cursory research is a moron. By your logic a guy who takes a job at a factory where a bunch of people are standing around the gates with signs and yell at them every time they drive onto the property should get a "pass" too. PCL you started your career on the wrong foot and you profess to have seen the light, B.S. you have a history of making bad decisions to further your "career" and use the noob excuse to justify them. You cause more damage to the ALPA/organized cause, with your disjointed rants. You remind me of the militant "born again", AA(alcoholics, not pilots) 12 step reformers who think that they have found the "WAY".
PBR

Depends on how much you want to fly. For me, not wanting to fly very much, only in the low $70k range. For someone flying 85+ hour lines, somewhere in the high $80k range. If you really want to work hard, you could probably get up into the mid-$90s. In other words, not near enough. Meanwhile, we have Captains making $200k. The payscale is extremely out of proportion.

So if I were to "see the light" and decide that I want to become an Air Tran pilot....I could look forward to making about $350K less in the next 8 years.....Then what do I make as a 9th. year captain?

Latest resources

Back