Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furlouged pilot - Looking at going elsewhere (Compass/Mesaba)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mischaracterized. It's more than internet grief.

No it isn't. It might have been in 05 when they started but now no one cares except for the lifer TSA guys and guys bored on reserve trying to stir the e-fire on these boards. It's a different operation than it was in 05 and most of those early GJ have moved on. We're starting to get a lot of 121 guys with a few from other regionals as well as furloughed TSA. If you're trying to get on it's really competitive because of furloughed mainline. Good luck.

BoDEAN,
if I was #5 from the top I'd ride this one out. I am #80ish from the top of the list and i think even I will wait this one out even though I already applied to PNCL, MES.

All the other ones making fun of this person, you are not even a human being. A pilot who lost his job is asking for a very legitimate advice about career in hopes that someone who has been there done that will come out and will give him some guidance.
Are you this low in person too? I hope that is the case, at least i would have some respect for you for not hiding behind a username.

If it were me, I'd it out. Perhaps get a job instructing while you are waiting. Going to another commuter will put you at the bottom of the seniority list at a very bad time. Your being at the bottom at one company already resulted in a furlough. It doesn't make a sense to go to the VERY bottom of another list in times like these.

even though I already applied to PNCL

Pinnacle new-hire survival tips:

1. Bring lube with you, due to BOHICA factors.

2. When CS or FF walk into your newhire class, ignore ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they say. Fingers in your ears works really well...

regionals are nothing but contract work for mainline carriers

you should she the people showing up at these interviews.....for 20,000 yr... I guess it is just a few dollars less than CAL,

People should stop showing up for things interview..

If you really want to stay in this industry then why not look into FSI? You're in the STL area? They have a facility right there. It's really not a bad place to work at all. I don't work there nor have I, but it's something to look into if you really want to stay in this crazy and rollercoaster industry.
Good Luck!!!

Latest resources

Back