Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funniest thing:

Coming out of London I asked Control for a ride report:

London Control: Speedbird 123 do you have a ride report in the climb?
Speedbird: No
LC: What do you mean, No?
SB: The captain is hand flying, as soon as he puts the autopilot on I'll call you with a ride report........

LMAO

My funny SpeedBird story:

One late afternoon in the Atlantic tracks (westbound) we had a Speedbird (heavy Boeing) pass over top of our 604. We contacted him on 23.45 and he commented on our paint job. My co-partner said thank you and then said we liked his paint, too.

And then in his best British "SpeedBird" accent: "Why thank you, chaps. We just had it washed......."

It was pretty funny at the time (we were tired and bored).

Flying into Houston, we had a tower controller call us....NXXXXX...tower checking override freq. check, how do you read? Loud and clear, we said.....thanks dude was the resonse. No kidding.....straight out of the AIM!

Tonight I was coming out of SPS back to MSY.. FTW center asked a guy what the ride was like in the climb... With out hesitation he said "Boys its rougher than a stucko bathtub up here." I thought it was funny...

I had a chief pilot that had all kinds of "one liners" like that.. I remember when I first started flying jets with EFIS I thought it was the coolest thing ever.. I used to love to switch through all the different modes and look at everything... One day he looked over at and said "Boy! your like a blind fagg0t at a weeny roast! Your hands are everywhere!" I cracked up.. He was always fun to fly with...

Latest resources

Back