Funny IAP Fix Naming

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AlabamaMan!! said:
I'll bet you went to UND or Embry-Riddle also. C'mon, a shirt with an ILS approach plate? I think they should do a "triumph the comic dog" skit about aviation "enthusiasts", like the star wars one they did a few years back.
Well, lets see. Does UND or Riddle have a campus in DSM? I didn't think so. I liked the shirt, and I bought it. No different than buying a sports t-shirt.

Last edited:
There's always the HILLE (or HILLY) and BILLI (or BILLY), don't have the chart here...intersections in ARK close to LIT, and if you look at the enroute chart they are on V-69, which pretty much proves that someone in the FAA has a sense of humor.

I think that the local facilities have at least some input on fix names. Several years ago the marker for 26R in ATL was renamed AJAAY, after a ATL tower controller that passed away.

Last edited:
The outter marker on the ILS 18 (?) at OMA sounds normal...FLICK...but at night, in low light in the cockpit when you glance at it real fast it looks like F**K. Had a good laugh over that one. :)

somewhere in NC there's a fix called NASCR. it's by mooresville, NC, the sel-proclaimed "race city USA"

I personally like the SKETR3 (skeeter,aka mosquito) arrival into MSP. Also I could have sworn I heard something about the "you betcha" intersection up there as well.

Don't forget the Deberry 1 Arrival into Colorado Springs - Coach Deberry was the coach at the Air Force Academy, and some of his favorite plays are part of the arrival...

Latest resources

Back