ePilot22

BuyTheTicket~TakeTheRide
Total Time
nfinit
Last edited:

KigAir

Viva France!
Total Time
I am trying to figure out what's up with your Disclaimer. Aren't those plates current?

ePilot22

BuyTheTicket~TakeTheRide
Total Time
nfinit
Yeah the plates are current. Use the ones from the website link thought. I just don't want to be responsible for the PDF file links in case they aren't updated with new charts in 28 days or so. The link to NACO is good and free. The charts are under "digital-tpp". I am by no means promoting FAA charts; I like/use Jeppesen IAPs! Unfortunetly I can't give out that link!

Last edited:

atrdriver

Living in Paradise
Total Time
5000+
Always use a disclaimer. If you don't, somewhere, someone is dumb enough to go out and use a chart that they don't check for currency and kill themselves. I used to have a t-shirt with the FAA plate for DSM ILS 13R and it said the same thing. Just in case someone decided to look at their shirt instead of looking up the plate.

ePilot22

BuyTheTicket~TakeTheRide
Total Time
nfinit
Thanks, my thoughts exactly!

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
who names the fixes? is it the FAA? pretty funny stuff. let's hear some more!!! i know of the crazy woman VOR and MOANS intersection, in florida, but in my mighty 150 hours of flying, i haven't come across many more funny ones.

joepilot29

Total Time
There is an intersection about 10-15 miles offshore of the florida keys called DROWN.

AlabamaMan!!

You broke muthafu*as!!!!
Total Time
atrdriver said:
I used to have a t-shirt with the FAA plate for DSM ILS 13R and it said the same thing. Just in case someone decided to look at their shirt instead of looking up the plate.

I'll bet you went to UND or Embry-Riddle also. C'mon, a shirt with an ILS approach plate? I think they should do a "triumph the comic dog" skit about aviation "enthusiasts", like the star wars one they did a few years back.

Swede

Live from Caracas
Total Time
80+
Didn't there used to be a Star Trek approach?

KIRKK, SPOCK, SULUU, etc?

I don't know if it exists anymore...

ePilot22

BuyTheTicket~TakeTheRide
Total Time
nfinit
Couldn't find the Star Trek approach. KIRKK fix is at KEVY, SPOCK fix is at KVJI and there is no SULUU fix. And don't get me started with Riddle kids, I sit next to one forty hours a week!!!

Vavso

Total Time
Ooops

I can relate to CZI .... "crazy woman" VOR

Last edited:

puttin4doh

Total Time
Someone's gonna have to help me out on the location, I think it's BNA. But There's a transition fix on the STAR called DRESR. Which leads to approach control instructions such as: "cross DRESR at 11,000..."

Also for baseball fans, you gotta love the Marlin 4 arrival, TRIPL-DUBBL-MARLN

Good stuff....

puttin

Air 1

Total Time
a few
The DRESR fix is Cincinatti, OH. I heard approach tell a pilot "Cross DRESR at 11,000 feet," and the pilot asked for a diversion. There are some weird fixes out there!