• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Funny Cockpit Stories

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had a good one given to me not to long ago, Flying late out of SJU to one of the islands, I asked Deptarture "Could we get direct anywhere? We are running late." Deptarture said "sure no problem, Flight Bla Bla your cleared direct JFK"
We all laughed and then I said no really how about direct ILLURI?

Ty Webb said:
Actually, that could have been me, except it was 200 lbs of gas, and the crusty old captain (now retired) had a last name that rhymed with "sock".

One of my favorites was a private jet owner asking a young Captain, "How old are you, son?"

Young Captain says, "I'm 28, sir".

"28???? Hell, I've got underwear older than that!".

Heh-heh.

Jeff, are you out there?

Dude,

You crack me up. I think I remeber my response was to the affect that must be how he was able to afford the jet, by not buying new underwear!

I remember heading into PDK on a semi-crappy day of about 400 overcast or so and about 1 mile of vis. I'm the PNF and this new captain I hired is the PF. I pick up the ATIS and I hear the ILS 20L is OTS. I looked over to my partner and told him the ILS went out. He said "Yeah, I saw that berfore we took off, but I figure we would use the other one." Then I said "There is no other ILS!" After a puzzled look of astonishment I called approach and informed them that our passenger has changed his mind and wants to go to ATL instead.

We has lots of good times didn't we D!

I still laugh when I think about you taking the trip into APA after delaying for winds and turbulence. I think it was a 737 PIREP that reported severe if I remember. You got a bit of flack from another chief pilot at PNS for not going ahead and leaving on time, but you stuck to your guns! Good for you!!! What cracked me up was when we talked after you got into APA that it was still a bit bumpy, but you kept the speed up around 300KIAS in the Westpig just to show them how much worse it could have been!!!! It's not called the lead sled for nothing!

We had fun.......................did I say that already!

Maybe we'll get to do it all again someday!

Latest resources

Back