• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Funniest Airport Security story EVER

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What'cha got? I've had several title 2 items over the years, but currently only have a registered M-2 "trigger pack" in a nice Winchester carbine. I've regrettebly sold my registered AR-15 A2 , and AWC Optima a few years back when I thought that we were going to move to the People's Republic of Maryland....

Was able to get in on the last of the Vector Uzi purchases, before the prices went north. Picked up a full size Uzi first, then after the registered HK trigger pack deal fell trough, I went ahead and took out a mortgage against my life insurance policy and bought a new Vector Mini Uzi. It took 7 months of waiting for the dealer to dealer form 3 to come in, so now I am awaiting the Form 4 approvals, which have been in since October. Included in that group of Form 4's is Coastal 9MM silencer for the Uzi's. Dealer had it in stock, so I went ahead and got it when we started the paperwork.

Just picked up a .22 silencer for the Walther P-22 last friday. Did that on a corporate transfer, only took a month. It's real quiet, and I can use it on the pre ban H-bar, when I have the .22 conversion kit installed.

I also have a Tripple X .223 silencer coming in soon on a Form 3, which I'm also going to run the Form 4 through on a corporate transfer... An airline pilot that flies DC-8's for one of the big cargo companies, is a Class III dealer in Indiana and offered that silencer as NEW, for $200.00 bucks shipped. Couldn't pass that one up.

Cool to hear about you being an NFA guy...sad to hear about the Maryland move and selling of the AR-15.

Ah...PRE-86 dealer keepers! Those are almost as good as transferables! I love DS Arms...they are the STG-58 guru's. I'm glad they took over the austrian production line.

Nice meeting you Tripower455, have a safe and great holiday!

I used to have a great "Sport Utility Rifle" collection, but then got married. Guess what happened then.

Pre-ban Colt AR15 SP1
Post-Ban (sorta ) DPMS AR15A2
SAR-1 (AK47)
SAR-2 (AK74)
FN FAL - IMBEL
Norinco RPK47 clone
Remington 700VS
Glock 27
Beretta 92FS
Beretta 92D (hated this pistol)

and about 10-12 typical rifles (.22's 12ga, etc)

Sorry to hear about the loss of your collection! You must love your wife very much, to have parted ways with such neat firearms. I like what you had on your list and I feel your pain.

Yea...the IMBEL recievers are pretty good. I have an SAR-48 from springfield on an IMBEL reciever. I'm planning on getting a suppressor on it, as soon as I catch my breath on the all the other projects I got going on. Then adding the DSArms scope mount top cover and a scope. I have read that certain suppressors actually add accuracy by helping with the barrel harmonics, plus they do act as muzzle brakes, reducing felt recoil by 25 percent. Also the obvious noise reduction, reduces shooter fatigue.

Good luck to you MarineGrunt and may you and yours have a great holiday and new year!

And to you and yours FN FAL.

Cool to hear about you being an NFA guy...sad to hear about the Maryland move and selling of the AR-15.

The ironic thing is that we ended up staying in FL!

I know of the DC-8 guy in IN, he goes by "Kev" on the FAL forum... very knowledgeable/personable guy!

I got into the Title 2 stuff about 10 years, ago, and though that the prices were ridiculous then! I paid $1200 for my registered Colt AR15-A2 (not many of those were registered before the ban!) in '93, and sold it in '97 for $2700, thinking I made a killing! I REALLY wish I had kept that one! It was a blast (pun intended) with the supressor, the Ciener .22 kit and std velocity .22s!

When I bought my AR, I almost bought a registered, NIB SAR-48, but it had the Izzie HB on it, and I wanted a 50.00 type (If I only knew how easy barrel changes were on the FAL at the time!!!!), so I took the $1900 and bought the AR and the M-2 kit.

I still pull out the M-2 when we go out and play......

Fun toys!

Re: Since we're talkin collections...

MarineGrunt said:
I used to have a great "Sport Utility Rifle" collection, but then got married. Guess what happened then.
Hmmm.... Choice between guns and wife....I think I'd pick the guns!

Truck inspection at airport

While entering airport property to pick up my arriving brother-in-law, my F350 dually was pulled over for inspection (as most large trucks are).

The dude did a "quick' inspection and let me through with no problems. It was EASY to get through the inspection since I only had TWO items in my truck.

I had my concealed 357 (weapons permit) and a flight bag with headset............

The passenger in the story was carrying parts of a gun and also a fully functional and filled with butane soldering iron that actually caught part of his bag on fire (due to security messing with it) while going through security. Can you say idiot? Neither of those elements should have been expected to be brought on the plane.

Here is a funny story... shortly after 9/11 while IN FULL UNIFORM I went through security where they searched my flight kit. They pulled out my Mag Light and said I couldn't bring it onboard because of its large size. I explained it was the size required by FAR rules and I could not legally fly the plane without it. While waiting for the supervisor to come over I asked the agent just what they thought the danger from the flashlight was. She stated, and I quote, "you could use it to break into the cockpit." At that point I was almost happy because I had one of those cool stories I could tell people... :D

I had posted this on another thread but I thought that I would share it again.

A while back, I had a run in with the so called "New Security Measures" while returning from vacation with my wife.

Since it is cold up north in February, I had a sweatshirt on with my former charter company logo (I was part owner of the company) and when the security person asked if I was a pilot, I replied with a yes and then was asked to step aside while they went through my carry-on.

While completing their required search of my luggage, I was asked if I had any Pilot Equipment with me. I asked them to define the term "Pilot Equipment" and she replied...."anything that a pilot needs to fly." Again I asked "Like what?" and she said"Keys, scissors, nail files or any other sharp objects."

I almost p1$$ed my pants. I answered no and went on my way to the gate but if I ever make it to the majors I will make sure that I have a beautician's certificate to go along with my other endorsements.

Here is a funny story... shortly after 9/11 while IN FULL UNIFORM I went through security where they searched my flight kit. They pulled out my Mag Light and said I couldn't bring it onboard because of its large size. I explained it was the size required by FAR rules and I could not legally fly the plane without it. While waiting for the supervisor to come over I asked the agent just what they thought the danger from the flashlight was. She stated, and I quote, "you could use it to break into the cockpit." At that point I was almost happy because I had one of those cool stories I could tell people...

Was this in PDX? I had almost the exact same conversation regarding my plastic, 2 d cell light.......

When I asked them, as they were pilfering my mutli bit, stubby screwdriver, why I couldn't take it, I was told that "you might take something apart with it" (she did have a point.......some of the cockpit "entertainment" requires a flat blade 'driver to access).

Another time, when I asked what exactly they were looking for during a bag dump (not random, they saw "something" in my bag), I was told "anything that you could use to take over the plane". I bit my tongue, and resisted the urge to pull out my trip sheet, which did EXACTLY that........

We should write a book..................

Latest resources

Back