full unrestricted ATPL??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Porch

Does anyone know if a full unrestricted ATPL with your current A320 Family type rating endorsed on it, is this:

A320 SIC PRIVILEGES ONLY (this is what's on my certificate)

The airline I applied for asks if I have this and I don't know if this is what they want, or do I need the actual capt. type. I'm a 320 FO.

Cheers,
Porch

I apologize for my ignorance in advance. Applying for international employment is not something I am accustom to.

Besides having the PIC type, if you are applying for foreign contract gigs I heard that certain places won't accept the type if it has ANY restrictions on it.

Such as Circle-VMC only

Besides having the PIC type, if you are applying for foreign contract gigs I heard that certain places won't accept the type if it has ANY restrictions on it.

Such as Circle-VMC only

My CL-65 type has such restriction and it wasn't an issue.

The airline I applied for asks if I have this and I don't know if this is what they want, or do I need the actual capt. type. I'm a 320 FO.

First: The SIC type is something that we use here in the US, there is no such thing for most ICAO subscriber nations, all pilots that work here in Japan, for example have a command type rating and they get additional training as F/O's after the certification process. What that means is that they do not recognize an SIC type. Also a full ATPL is required because as you know, you can actually obtain an ATP licence only for the A/C that you are getting type in and it is restricted to only such A/C, they do not recognize this as well

My CL-65 type has such restriction and it wasn't an issue.

Cool for you. More then one guy I know looking at a 320 job in India was told the restriction is a showstopper.

Besides, all the JCAB wants is a command type rating on a two person commercial jet, do they not?

Cool for you. More then one guy I know looking at a 320 job in India was told the restriction is a showstopper.

Besides, all the JCAB wants is a command type rating on a two person commercial jet, do they not?

That's what I understand, but it has to be a narrow body. RJ's and EMB's won't cut it.

That's what I understand, but it has to be a narrow body. RJ's and EMB's won't cut it.

Depends, not for a DEC but for an F/O position is does qualify you. Remember that the contract market is getting pretty swamped with applicants from the US right now, so the minimums tend to go up accordantly

ANY restriction will hold you back 99.9% of the time overseas. SIC and Circling restrictions dont exist in JAR land or in the land of wanting to be JAR (everybody but the US) . Such garbage only exists within the FAA. The problem lies within the authorty who will issue you a validation based on your FAA certificate, not so much with the airline itself.

Latest resources

Back