Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CRJ Cruise at 30,000 feet = 2500 Pounds per hour

737-700 Cruise at 30,000 = 4500 Pounds per hour

It certainly looks as if the 737 is more efficient if both planes are full of people

Throw in Domestic Airspace Issues..... Boeing looks pretty good!

Find the RASM and the CASM for the operator of any RJ....it will very slightly between regional airlines. Look for this info in an airlines 10K report.

For a quick and dirty rule of thumb for each aircraft:

737-700 about 4500 pph
CRJ about 3000 pph

Of course, it depends greatly on load, altitude, etc...

Just look at those links I put in and you'll get the idea!

CJR-200= 344 Gal./Hr v. B737-800= 784 Gal./Hr.

Again more than double fuel burn for the 737

Pappa, I'm still standing by my numbers as good rules of thumb. I spent 6 years flying CRJs at Comair, so I'm pretty sure of the fuel burn we planned. I'd love to stay and debate the fuel burns you stated, but I have to go and fly my 737-700 to PHX.

You also have to factor other costs per flight:

Landing fees are not necessarily double that of a CRJ to a 737. Probably you end up paying less per pax on a 737.

Ground crew/gate crew. You still need the same number of people to marshall an a/c, load and unload, board and offload. Again the 737 wins out in per pax costs.

Into plane fuel fee. Some fuel providers charge a fee just for showing up at the airplane. Again a 737 wins out here.

Then there's lease fees, insurance, mx. The RJ's costs are not necessarily 1/3 the cost of the 737. They are usually closer to 50% that of the 737, so when you spread these costs out per pax the 737 wins out.

Pappa, I'm still standing by my numbers as good rules of thumb. I spent 6 years flying CRJs at Comair, so I'm pretty sure of the fuel burn we planned. I'd love to stay and debate the fuel burns you stated, but I have to go and fly my 737-700 to PHX.

Damn you're my hero..........

Mr. Bob while you fly your plane other professionals that specialize in facts and figures have already done the job of crunching the numbers for ya. Now that you did not fly the profiles at Comair and flawed those numbers is a separate topic!

Now don't burn too much gas cause your airline can't afford it!

What kind of fuel burns do these two aircraft have:

1. CRJ (50 seater)
2. 737-700

I'd be curious to see the difference ?

thanks

I do not have exact figures but.....

A maxed out CRJ-200 burns about 2800pph the first hour and 2500 the second. So for a two hour leg thats 106 pounds per pax.

A full 737-700 burns about 9500 pounds on that two hour flight or about 70#s per pax. Crew cost per pax are cheaper as well if you figure the 737 crew makes double what the rj crew makes which is not always the case.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back