FRONTLINE - United Bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA717driver beat me to it.

Until the citizens of this country wake up and realize that they are ALL a bunch of self-serving politicians that are only looking out for themselves and the special-interest groups that shovel money at them, things will never change and/or get better.

Neither party is any better for us "common-folk." Quit wasting time with the "my party is better than yours" crud.

AA717driver said:
I love how it's always the "other party's fault". Wake-the-F-up! Just about every single member of Congress is corrupt to a certain extent.

Whether it's Duke Cunningham taking Bentleys or Evan Bayh's wife sitting on several BOD's without the slightest shred of the necessary qualifications, corruption is pervasive within D.C. and, frankly, politics down to it's lowest level in our own towns. The Clintons have never had a real job in their lives (I don't count Hillary's time at the Rose Law Firm as a real job) yet they are worth hundreds of millions of dollars. On government pay? Same with just about any member of Congress who has been there for more than 10-15 years. They came in with modest personal wealth and they leave as multi-millionaires.

Draginass--It's not about Republicans or Democrats. It's about the "Elite Good ol' Boy Network"--The Ivy Leaguers who run our lives.

Look now at who is dragging their feet on immigration reform. It's BOTH parties! It chilled me to the bone when Bush spoke of a 'continental work force' that could ebb and flow wherever the jobs are.

Continental work force=no borders=no national soverignty=no U.S. Constitution or Bill of Rights.

A couple of years ago, I heard a stat that was also very chilling. Over half of the incoming freshman class at Yale were non-U.S. citizens. At first I thought this was affirmative action taken to an extreme. Now I realize it's expanding the Good-ol'-boy-network to the rest of the world. Why do you think Kofi Annan still keeps his job despite the rampant corruption in the U.N.? He's a graduate of M.I.T.--another elite East Coast school. He's in the club.

I never believed all that Council on Foreign Relations/Freemason/Bilderbergers/New World Order crap but an awful lot of the pieces of the puzzle are starting to fall into place.

Sorry for the rant.TC

Well Said!

Ditto on AA717 as well. What this country needs is a revolution - VOTER revolution. Throw all incumbents out, good and bad. Don't see it happening, but that is what we need.

Funny how immigration is an emergency now that Americans have finally had enough. Securing the borders and getting off the dependence on foreign oil should have been goals we attacked after 9/11 with the same intensity as the efforts made back in 1942-1945. But because the people WE send to Washington have a single vision - maintaining power - here we are 5 years later in a borderless, undefendable country hoping oil doesn't go to $100/barrel.

Last edited:
Everybody here is hitting on some great key points. Unfortunately, nothing much is going to change as long as the typical American citizen remains as willfully ignorant and dogmatic as they are in terms of the political choices/votes they make concerning the issues that affect the middle class. We indeed live in an oligarchy and most certainly not a democracy.

Someone said it right, let's throw out the incumbent bums, start over and rewrite some clean law that doesn't soley benefit the rich. Trickle Down economics is a farce.

Cobra said:
Unfortunately, nothing much is going to change as long as the typical American citizen remains as willfully ignorant and dogmatic as they are in terms of the political choices/votes they make concerning the issues that affect the middle class. We indeed live in an oligarchy and most certainly not a democracy.

Well said!

“In tonight’s news, corporate corruption and ethics scandals…"What!?! American Idol is on!!! Quick, change the channel…ahhh bliss!!!

skykid said:
Ditto on AA717 as well. What this country needs is a revolution - VOTER revolution. Throw all incumbents out, good and bad. Don't see it happening, but that is what we need.

Nah...we need a 'real' revolution...kind of a reset, a do-over.

Big Duke Six said:
Watching that show just about made me ill. Ill at many different levels.

That said, Dragin, I'm not saying I totally disagree with you but you must have missed the part where they say this M.O. has increasingly become the norm since the Fed Bankruptcy laws were re-written in 1978 to favor corporations.

Let me see, who was President then? Hmmm, I know it's here somewhere, I just had it......give me a second..... oh darn.... where'd it go? It must have fallen off my desk... who was that guy?......it must be here somewhere....

Yes, but Bush and the Republican courts have raised the level of abuse of that provision to an artform. Don't kid yourself. This is all about MONEY and who gets it . . . . i.e. forced transfer of wealth from the working man to the corporate and governmental elites. This dishonesty and corruption in government and corporate America is rampant.

Cobra said:
Everybody here is hitting on some great key points. Unfortunately, nothing much is going to change as long as the typical American citizen remains as willfully ignorant and dogmatic as they are in terms of the political choices/votes they make concerning the issues that affect the middle class. We indeed live in an oligarchy and most certainly not a democracy.

This quote pretty much seals it. I often go into tirades about the wilfull ignorance of the American voter.
I think the ruling oligarchy has never been more transparent, nor more malevolent, than it is right now in this country.

C

Some of the things that used to attract workers to companies are fast dissappearing. Job security, stability and pensions are all a thing of the past. Might not be a bad idea to pull up stakes at Corporation X and start your own company to run the way you see fit.

Latest resources

Back