Frontier Vs. Continental...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilotbob3 said:
Daddy is right! its not a matter of "if" but "when " you will get screwed by ALPA. it doesn't matter where you work ALPA will hose you...unless you are the ALpa president. and i mean National mostly.

In another post you stated you were hired at CAL 20 or 22 years ago? Your opinion about ALPA leads me to think you tried to save CAL back then? Am I wrong?

Long term pilot career ??? No such thing any more,son

PHXFLYR:cool:

Daddy said:
...huge consolidation is on the horizon and the integration of two seniority lists by date of hire or some variance thereof would probably not work in your favor at CAL if they merged lists with UAL, DAL, or NWA ...
Yeah, it's probably better to remain unemployed until the rumored merger occurs so you can be a new hire added to the bottom of the merged list. Screwing yourself is preferred over the possibility of someone else committing a perceived injustice against you.

:rolleyes:

mckpickle said:
In another post you stated you were hired at CAL 20 or 22 years ago? Your opinion about ALPA leads me to think you tried to save CAL back then? Am I wrong?

yes you are wrong.....i never posted anything like that....nor did i get hired at CO between the ages of 17-19. or ever worked there

BluDevAv8r said:
Actually, there is a lot of inaccuracy in this post pilotbob. I suggest Daddy reads the ALPA Merger Manual as well as some background information on the Allegheny/Mohawk LPP's. This whole "ALPA is the boogeyman" thought process simply doesn't make sense to me at all. Lots of emotion backed by very little facts.

-Neal

sorry neal, but at TWA we had the Allegheny/mohawk deal in our contract....out the window! ALPA national as well as all of the MEC's turned their backs on the TWA pilots as the APA stapled most of us to the list. that is a "fact" ...as well as the "fact" that i am one of those furloughees. ALPA wanted to get APA back into alpa and sacraficed 2,301 dues paying TWA pilots hoping to have a total list of over 14,000 AA pilots rejoin ALPA. why???? $$$$$$$$$$$ the math seems pretty easy. i beleive that the Dal/nwa/ual mec's turned their backs as well, thinking they might have the opportunity to screw pilots if they were the aquiring airline in a merger.

Pilotbob3 said:
sorry neal, but at TWA we had the Allegheny/mohawk deal in our contract....out the window! ALPA national as well as all of the MEC's turned their backs on the TWA pilots as the APA stapled most of us to the list. that is a "fact" ...as well as the "fact" that i am one of those furloughees. ALPA wanted to get APA back into alpa and sacraficed 2,301 dues paying TWA pilots hoping to have a total list of over 14,000 AA pilots rejoin ALPA. why???? $$$$$$$$$$$ the math seems pretty easy. i beleive that the Dal/nwa/ual mec's turned their backs as well, thinking they might have the opportunity to screw pilots if they were the aquiring airline in a merger.

I don't want to dredge up that whole mess Pilotbob but Allegheny/Mohawk is all based on having a "fair and equitable" merger but is that kind of integration is also based on "career expectations" at the time of the merger. So again, I view the above as emotion backed by very little factual information. In a merger there will only be 1 person who is happy...that is the #1 guy on the list - everyone else thinks they got screwed.

-Neal

Latest resources

Back