• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Trims Flights at Milwaukee Hub as Parent Republic Hunts for Buyer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. Midwest had a nice niche and a loyal following. I spoke to an Ex midwest gate agent last week. She said all Bedford did was muck up a good thing. And the retreat, regroup comment is moronic. That is the last place I would want to be digging in for a fight for my survival. UAL and SWA have tons of cash and can play hardball for a long long time.

Wow! You spoke to a Ex-Midwest gate agent, and she had fond things to say about Milwaukee and Midwest Airlines and bad things to say about Bedford?!? You don't say?!? History is viewed greatly through rose-colored glasses.

We need to all look at the reality of what's going on. MKE was a leftover from Midwest which was a dying airline in the form it was in. With 59 aircraft and various contracted RJ's Frontier was a chaotic mess at best. Siegal was hired to clean up the airline to attract investors/buyers. He's doing his job by axing MKE and restoring Frontier to simplicity. The only loss of service I think is a mistake is Aspen. How can you be "Colorado's airline" without Aspen? I do think operating the Q400 was expensive and operating a seperate type primarily for one destination was rediculous. They need to contract with colgan for the Q400 flying and be done with it. One thing we can all agree on is that BB didn't have a clue or direction and he's ruined 2.5 airlines.

We need to all look at the reality of what's going on. MKE was a leftover from Midwest which was a dying airline in the form it was in. With 59 aircraft and various contracted RJ's Frontier was a chaotic mess at best. Siegal was hired to clean up the airline to attract investors/buyers. He's doing his job by axing MKE and restoring Frontier to simplicity. The only loss of service I think is a mistake is Aspen. How can you be "Colorado's airline" without Aspen? I do think operating the Q400 was expensive and operating a seperate type primarily for one destination was rediculous. They need to contract with colgan for the Q400 flying and be done with it. One thing we can all agree on is that BB didn't have a clue or direction and he's ruined 2.5 airlines.

Amen, brother!!! thats what I meant to say.... In reality, I hope evreything works out for F9 and we can all just go our separate ways and be done with it! I'm just tired of hearing the bitching and complaining from both sides, thats all!

The OP article qoutes a spokesperson saying, "We’ve been incurring significant losses on our flights out of Milwaukee,” Why don't they admit their bleeding green over all of the F9 operation?

Because that would be a false statement. The Denver operation, and in particular, the Airbus operation IS profitable. Its been profitable for the most part since Menke reorganized it in '09. The killer to Frontier has been the the small airplanes, the E170s, the E140s, the E135s. Trying to resurrect a once great but now dead airline (Midwest) with commuter airplanes and service in their bloodbath operation in Milwaukee. The E190 held its own but didn't contribute much to the bottom line. Frontier became the airline for the unemployed ERJs and it about took them under with their horribly high CASMs. Now Frontier is cutting back to its profitable core, which is the Airbus and Denver with a whole bunch of profitable contract flying on top.

Because that would be a false statement. The Denver operation, and in particular, the Airbus operation IS profitable. Its been profitable for the most part since Menke reorganized it in '09. The killer to Frontier has been the the small airplanes, the E170s, the E140s, the E135s. Trying to resurrect a once great but now dead airline (Midwest) with commuter airplanes and service in their bloodbath operation in Milwaukee. The E190 held its own but didn't contribute much to the bottom line. Frontier became the airline for the unemployed ERJs and it about took them under with their horribly high CASMs. Now Frontier is cutting back to its profitable core, which is the Airbus and Denver with a whole bunch of profitable contract flying on top.

Those 145's 170's and 190's are what has kept Frontier in business for the past year and a half. Without the money siphoned off from them to keep them going it would have been gone long ago

[/QUOTE]Those 145's 170's and 190's are what has kept Frontier in business for the past year and a half. Without the money siphoned off from them to keep them going it would have been gone long ago[/QUOTE]

Frontier has also been there to keep a bunch of pilots at RAH employed as well. Without us where would those RJ's have gone? Little hint: Desert! It goes both ways Buddy!

Those 145's 170's and 190's are what has kept Frontier in business for the past year and a half. Without the money siphoned off from them to keep them going it would have been gone long ago

Well there seems to be some confusion on your part here. The E190s only flew under the Frontier and Midwest brands because no other airline scope would allow it otherwise. They were neither helpful nor hurtful to the F9 bottom line. The EMB 135, 140, 145, and 170s that flew under the Frontier brand were horrendous money losers for Frontier. They would have been losers at $40/bbl oil, but they became the death knell for Frontier at $100/bbl oil. They simply don't work in the LCC model. Now, if what you meant to say is; "the profits generated by RAH Fee for Departure contracts with Legacy Airlines provided the Holding Company the ability to invest in Frontier and thwart the South West Airlines purchase offer at the BK auction", then I guess I could buy that statement.

In any event, if it weren't for the Frontier business, there would have been massive furloughs at RAH's commuter airline businesses.

Haha I love it. Frontier is bankrupt. Republic buys them out of bankruptcy, and pumps massive amounts of money into it to prop it up, but Frontier is Republics Savior.

Haha I love it. Frontier is bankrupt. Republic buys them out of bankruptcy, and pumps massive amounts of money into it to prop it up, but Frontier is Republics Savior.

I guess if you are that dense you could come to that conclussion. It requires a little higher level of thinking to understand the concepts that your CEO, the company's advisors, and the rest of the airline industry analysts are trying to explain to you. It's a much bigger picture and not as simpleton as your previous quotes imply. I suppose they don't teach that at ERAU these days.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back