• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier reaches TA with pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I disagree lowercur. Your analysis is the tail wagging the dog. Look at the AA guys. The company is profitable now but the pilots are still working for 30+% less than they were 5 years ago.

If you could re-adjust the matrix every year without fail it would be more representative. Also, at some point some pilot group has to raise the bar so the whole matrix feeds on itself with upward momentum. That still isn't the case.

Gup

I disagree lowercur. Your analysis is the tail wagging the dog. Look at the AA guys. The company is profitable now but the pilots are still working for 30+% less than they were 5 years ago. When the industry is in survival mode, the matrix will always respond to the downside much quicker. Even with the matrix lower, I doubt SWAPA is going to want anything less than COLA and QOL changes. So the matrix will not affect them as much as the other poorly managed companies.

If you could re-adjust the matrix every year without fail it would be more representative. Wouldn't that be a neat trick. Also, at some point some pilot group has to raise the bar so the whole matrix feeds on itself with upward momentum. That still isn't the case.

Gup
When you have the convulsions that have occured, well managed companies with pilot groups that work in concert with management for stability generally will have a much smoother transition as the industry changes. I think SWA has been a great example of this in the past. Whether they will continue to see the same success will be determined in the next few years.

:pimp:​

This contract is going to suck azz!!! You know it and I know it. I only hope that we have enough pilots to vote no and tell them (company and union) that we have had enough. But, as you know that won't happen and we will cave, just like every other pilot union. Long live UPS and FEDEX, guardians of the pilot contract.

Q to Lowecur

Lowecur – I’m confused, if you do indeed sell insurance for a living, why are you posting on an airline pilot forum?

Is it the profession you always dreamed of and this is as close you’ll ever get to it?

Or do you own some airline shares? ...Yes, I know that Embraer is the stock to buy! Well, not really, but ;) ...

Or is it something else?

I’m not trying to pick a fight, just really curious - why do you like to stir things up on an airline message board?

Isn’t there some kind of geicoinfo.com (is that you and is it the airplane you just "flew in"?), or cubicle-pro.com (or is that you???), or even IsellinsuranceBUTwishIwasApilot.com message board for you to join?

So really, what’s the deal? Why do you care?

Btw, some of your posts are pretty entertaining...

Lowecur – I’m confused, if you do indeed sell insurance for a living, why are you posting on an airline pilot forum? Good question, and it has been asked before by Fly Boeingjets. I have always had a luv of the airline business per say, not of being a pilot. As a kid I used to visit my local airport to watch operations, but when it came time to go work I chose the family business....go figure. This forum offers me a good platform to release some of my thoughts that transcend serious and humorous subjects alike. I know this is pious business to many of the posters but I have a devilish side that likes to push buttons and promote discussion....go figure. Is it the profession you always dreamed of and this is as close you’ll ever get to it? No.

Or do you own some airline shares? ...Off and on, I buy and sell some airline shares. Yes, I know that Embraer is the stock to buy! Well, not really, but ;) ...

Or is it something else?

I’m not trying to pick a fight, just really curious - why do you like to stir things up on an airline message board? Why not, it lets people vent. I'm a big boy and I can take it, so it's probably better than taking it out on the wife or dog. They actually reply to me as though I'm mgt and that is entertaining as well as informative. I've learned alot. The egos involved between the pilots/mgt boarders on insanity, and that's what makes this business so interesting.

Isn’t there some kind of geicoinfo.com (is that you and is it the airplane you just "flew in"?), or cubicle-pro.com (or is that you???), or even IsellinsuranceBUTwishIwasApilot.com message board for you to join? I've been told to head over to airliners.net, which I have. I've had a few spirited conversations over there, but this board is what makes the business tick.

So really, what’s the deal? Why do you care?

Btw, some of your posts are pretty entertaining...
Most posters don't take me too serious, although there are a few that can, particularly if they've been pounding down a couple prior to logging on.

:pimp:​

Last edited:
First off - Congrats to the Frontier pilots for getting a tenative agreement. If you don't like it - don't vote for it.

Best of luck,

XYV

Good question, and it has been asked before by Fly Boeingjets. I have always had a luv of the airline business per say, not of being a pilot. As a kid I used to visit my local airport to watch operations, but when it came time to go work I chose the family business....go figure. This forum offers me a good platform to release some of my thoughts that transcend serious and humorous subjects alike. I know this is pious business to many of the posters but I have a devilish side that likes to push buttons and promote discussion....go figure

Most posters don't take me too serious, although there are a few that can, particularly if they've been pounding down a couple prior to logging on.

LOL! Yeah right....:rolleyes:

Lets see.... you are supposedly not a Pilot, you just watched airplanes take off and land as a kid, yet live the majority of your entire waking life parked on the internet on several Airline Pilot forums posting nonstop..... accumulating almost 2000 posts on Flightinfo alone. :eek:

Its obvious to anyone with 1/2 a brain that you are in fact an Airline Pilot.... you are just too much of a psycho coward to admit it. Probably because you live in a fantasy world.... wait.... no probably.... you DO live in a fantasy world by living online..... with a 'masked' identity no less. No I thinks its simply because you are spineless.

Let me guess... based on all your emotion involving Jetblue or Delta you're a Pilot for one or the other? My guess is Delta. $100.00 bucks says you are not only a Pilot, but have another name that you post under as well..... like General Lee OR FlyDeltasJets, or with another 1000+ posts to their credit. :smash:

Good thing you sell insurance on the side.... as much as you live here on the internet, you'd need a second income (especially if you are a 190 Captain at Jetblue)...:laugh:

Oh well.... go back to your 'pretending to just love airplanes' mantra and keep hiding your background and pontificating on all things Jetblue and Delta..... you are still a moron.

I know that for guys that work at Frontier, a new TA might have positives and negatives and some guys may be happy with it and some might think it is gonna stink and differing views is part of life. I am a guy that has been trying to get on with Frontier for a long time now and I have to keep believing /hoping that I will get an interview at some point in time. I would be happy to work for Frontier, new TA or not.

I have to keep believing /hoping that I will get an interview at some point in time. I would be happy to work for Frontier, new TA or not.

And don't forget "praying", because you obviously are willing to cut infront of your fellow pilots as the sacrificial lamb who will do it for less.
I remember guys like you in the 1980s' who offered to flight instruct for free just to build hours.
Why don't you fly a caravan in Somali to save the starving if you believe the crap you're shoveling.
Dick 2:10"

Last edited:
I know that for guys that work at Frontier, a new TA might have positives and negatives and some guys may be happy with it and some might think it is gonna stink and differing views is part of life. I am a guy that has been trying to get on with Frontier for a long time now and I have to keep believing /hoping that I will get an interview at some point in time. I would be happy to work for Frontier, new TA or not.

The B-scale will look great to you for about six months - then you'll be PO'ed, wondering how that situation came about. You'll need only to go to the mirror for the answer.

PIPE

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back