• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier reaches TA with pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I learn all the stuff on flightinfo.com that I never find out at work.
This is truely the National Enquirer of avaiation websites!

When every other airline gets a TA pilots rush to post the details here. Why the secrecy this time? Is it posted somewhere else?

When every other airline gets a TA pilots rush to post the details here. Why the secrecy this time? Is it posted somewhere else?

Real question.

Who else's TA has been posted here lately?

I know that Fed-Ex showed their's, but other than that who?

I think we are on the leading edge of groups to negotiate, and our voting hasn't even started yet.

How 'bout you cut us some slack, and let us digest the info before turning it over to the FI wizards to decide if we are doing a great injustice to the industry.

When you have the convulsions that have occured, well managed companies with pilot groups that work in concert with management for stability generally will have a much smoother transition as the industry changes. I think SWA has been a great example of this in the past. Whether they will continue to see the same success will be determined in the next few years.

:pimp:​

Dear Crackpipesmoker,

When did SWA pilots take concessions that made their managers rich with no benefit to themselves? If you were a pilot you'd know that in most cases management gets huge raises and bonuses for lowering crew costs and the pilots simply make less money.

I hope F9 pilots see this miserable POS for what it is and tell Potter to go pound sand.

Last edited:
Real question.

Who else's TA has been posted here lately?

I know that Fed-Ex showed their's, but other than that who?

I think we are on the leading edge of groups to negotiate, and our voting hasn't even started yet.

How 'bout you cut us some slack, and let us digest the info before turning it over to the FI wizards to decide if we are doing a great injustice to the industry.

Well of course there was UPS and FedEx that posted the details. Also there were several regionals over the last year or two that posted their concesionary ta's and don't forget about America West/Us Airways. We posted our agreed upon E190 rates as soon as we got them despite the fact that they are embarrassingly low. You don't need to post your details I just personally think it is somewhat weak to hide them from everyone. Best of luck with your contract! Hopefully you guys don't get a concessionary contract right as everyone else begings negotiating raises.

What do you want to know.

-Unlimited TPs, 1 for 2 Rjs for Airbus currently on property, 1 for 1 after that. -30% up to 88 seats.
-Pay freeze fo CAs (stretches the longevity scale to 14 years)
-COLA raises in year 3 and 4 (1.5% I think)
-RSV rules change a bit, nothing too bad
-6% DC (starts 3rd year of longevity at 2+% and creeps up a little each year
-New 1st year f/o pay drops to around $36 / hr
-The hats stay
-They spent a lot of time on successorship, merger, etc
-A bunch of other stuff, (some ok, some not so OK) but the first line is the biggie,

Here you go Green!

We'll take up a collection for the KY jelly you'll be needing if that gets approved.
Unlimited TP's translates to a bunch of Q-400's with 76 seats.
You guys will become the virtual airline with far more Lynx aircraft than Airbi.
Then Potter and his minions of evil will start another alter ego to compete with Lynx.
Eventually it will implode.
Executive management will walk away with tens of millions in bonus money and golden handshakes.
The original F9 guys will be shaking their heads wondering "WTF happened? This used to be a halfway decent job." FAPA will negotiate J4J at the new alter ego, "Rabbit", and the Bus drivers will be making $45K a year in the left seat of an E-199 1/2 that seats 139 pax.

You heard it here on FI first.

Peace out.

i'm not even close to taking the time to post all the new rates from the TA...but here's a snapshot...let's take proposed 10 year captain pay and 5 year FO pay.
Captains (10 Year)

Frontier 146.37
Airtran 144.00
United 128.00
Jetblue 138.00
Alaska 148.00
SWA 194.00

First Officers (5 year)

Frontier 82.00
Airtran 72.00
United 78.00
Jetblue 72.00
Alaska 86.00
SWA 119.00

You tell me whose rates are 'dragging' down the industry.

I totally agree the the language with RJ's and turboprops needs alot of work..I see no reason to give away that many Rj's right out of the gate. But the rates anyways, aren't out of line.

(these numbers are from airline pilot central, and include only rates for A320 series or 737 series aircraft from the various companies)

We'll take up a collection for the KY jelly you'll be needing if that gets approved.
Unlimited TP's translates to a bunch of Q-400's with 76 seats.
You guys will become the virtual airline with far more Lynx aircraft than Airbi.
Then Potter and his minions of evil will start another alter ego to compete with Lynx.
Eventually it will implode.
Executive management will walk away with tens of millions in bonus money and golden handshakes.
The original F9 guys will be shaking their heads wondering "WTF happened? This used to be a halfway decent job." FAPA will negotiate J4J at the new alter ego, "Rabbit", and the Bus drivers will be making $45K a year in the left seat of an E-199 1/2 that seats 139 pax.

You heard it here on FI first.

Peace out.

At least somebody learned from the past two decades of scope erosion.

i'm not even close to taking the time to post all the new rates from the TA...but here's a snapshot...let's take proposed 10 year captain pay and 5 year FO pay.
Captains (10 Year)

Frontier 146.37
Airtran 144.00
United 128.00
Jetblue 138.00
Alaska 148.00
SWA 194.00

First Officers (5 year)

Frontier 82.00
Airtran 72.00
United 78.00
Jetblue 72.00
Alaska 86.00
SWA 119.00

You tell me whose rates are 'dragging' down the industry.

I totally agree the the language with RJ's and turboprops needs alot of work..I see no reason to give away that many Rj's right out of the gate. But the rates anyways, aren't out of line.

(these numbers are from airline pilot central, and include only rates for A320 series or 737 series aircraft from the various companies)

Don't make the mistake of comparing other's concessionary rates with what is being negotiated now. Also consider work rules and retirement. The industry is poised for a comeback. Airlines are turning the corner and becoming profitable again. Now is not the time to justify concessions especially if you're giving up so much in the way of scope.

UAL - rates effected by bankruptcy
Alaska - rates effected by government mediator
JetBlue - stock options, higher rate for hours exceeding xx

Don't be a defeatist. You guys are "the most productive in the industry"
You need to be looking at moving up not down.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back