• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier reaches TA with pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't understand why someone can't post some details? Its not like it is classified information.

What do you want to know.

-Unlimited TPs, 1 for 2 Rjs for Airbus currently on property, 1 for 1 after that. -30% up to 88 seats.
-Pay freeze fo CAs (stretches the longevity scale to 14 years)
-COLA raises in year 3 and 4 (1.5% I think)
-RSV rules change a bit, nothing too bad
-6% DC (starts 3rd year of longevity at 2+% and creeps up a little each year
-New 1st year f/o pay drops to around $36 / hr
-The hats stay
-They spent a lot of time on successorship, merger, etc
-A bunch of other stuff, (some ok, some not so OK) but the first line is the biggie,

Last edited:
Pay freeze is another way of saying paycut. Your buying power is decreasing. A COLA is a pay freeze. I hope you guys don't bite off on this.

Well if they get a DC contribution that they weren't getting otherwise, that has to be taken into consideration as far as a pay freeze is concerned. For example, if a Frontier guy next year is getting a 2% DC contribution and a 1 1/2% pay raise, and he was getting neither before, then in fact that is a raise of over 3 1/2% (when considering tax implications). I'm not saying that's what they're getting because I'm not entirely sure from monkeybrain's post as it lacks much detail, but I guess that's possible. More details would be nice.

I agree with the guys above about scope. Don't make the same mistakes we did at the legacies and give away those 70 seaters. Heck, or the 50 seaters either........

Last edited:
This may have been covered, so I apologize. But, why are you guys in concessionary discussions at all? Obviously the storm over the holidays wreaked some havoc, but this ball was rolling before that. F9 seems to be ok with spending money on Lynx and other sub-contracted vendors to fly airplanes, so why the need to ask for give-backs....and yes freezes are paycuts. My opinion doesn't mean anything, but you guys/gals should be fighting for those EMB's to be on property and flown by current F9 pilots. Good luck. We have our own problems here at JetBlue, and yes the payscale sucks on the 190....but at least we fly it.

CD

1.5% is HALF of what you need for a COLA. This thing will continue to devalue and degrade the profession. Vote No.

jetalc...

Before you get your panties in a wad, F9 refers to pax carriers once in the statement concerning first year FO pay. If he so intended, I gave him the pass in my post. Yes, I actually do read the posts before responding, perhaps you should read mine again.

Aviator7576

No panties in a wad - bigger things to be concerned about than your input. However, after having re-read F9's post myself, I regretfully admit to being wrong. You're right - he was referring to first year FO pay, not Captain pay. I don't even consider the cargo carriers as being in the same ballpark as the pax carriers, so it didn't originally raise a red flag for me. He also didn't stipulate US Carriers either, so an argument could be made that there are probably some foreign carriers' CA pay that is also higher. Whatever. I stand corrected.

mgmt wanted about 9-10% paycut across the board when negs. started. The latest storms had nothing to do with it.

UAL Driver, the COLAs dont start until year 3 and 4 of the contract. Nothing until then.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back