Frontier pulling the plug in DEN?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
De-hubbing Denver
One clear recent trend at Frontier is the elimination of its Denver hub. Spirit and Allegiant both operate extreme point-to-point schedules with very little connecting traffic. By contrast, Frontier has traditionally operated a hub-and-spoke model with virtually all of its flights touching Denver.
As recently as 2012, Frontier operated more than 150 daily departures in Denver. In November, Frontier Airlines CEO David Siegel announced in a letter to staff that the carrier would cut back from an already-reduced schedule of 85 daily departures in Denver to 70 in 2015.
Siegel blamed the move on a variety of factors, including rising taxes and landing fees in Denver. However, it's clear that the main reason for cutting flights in Denver is that Frontier wants to focus on more profitable point-to-point routes.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/01/09/frontier-airlines-is-still-in-experiment-mode.aspx

David Siegel eh? Wouldn't you love to give one of these idiots a job interview?

"So, Dave, can you give us a list of your most recent and most catastrophic failures as a business leader?"

"Well I'd be happy to. There's an airline called USAirways, are you familiar?"

"Yes, let's move on. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

"Interviewing at another airline I suppose, bringing my wealth of experience as a Corporate Grim Reaper of sorts, Maybe Alaska or Hawaiian."

"What about our airline?"

"Whatddya mean 'What about our airline?' If you care so much for your precious little airline why don't you call that golden boy Doug Parker to run it for you? I'm here to grab a few hundred million and hand out pink slips, not build you some shrine to business ethics or somethin'."

"I thought you guys worked as a team, like syphilis and penicillin"

No US airport has ever been able to sustain hub status for three large airlines at the same time.

David Siegel eh? Wouldn't you love to give one of these idiots a job interview?

"So, Dave, can you give us a list of your most recent and most catastrophic failures as a business leader?"

"Well I'd be happy to. There's an airline called USAirways, are you familiar?"

"Yes, let's move on. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

"Interviewing at another airline I suppose, bringing my wealth of experience as a Corporate Grim Reaper of sorts, Maybe Alaska or Hawaiian."

"What about our airline?"

"Whatddya mean 'What about our airline?' If you care so much for your precious little airline why don't you call that golden boy Doug Parker to run it for you? I'm here to grab a few hundred million and hand out pink slips, not build you some shrine to business ethics or somethin'."

"I thought you guys worked as a team, like syphilis and penicillin"

Why is it that some like Siegel go on and on with no good track record? He failed miserably at airways while I was there and then another carrier picks him up. His ethics leave a lot to be desired, at airways he said he was in it for the long haul and in about a week or two, he bolted with 4.5 million.
That speaks volumes about the lack of honesty and integrity.

Not poking. Just curious. Are any Frontier pilots on here wishing they had ousted Stemler and prevented him from screwing up the SWA deal? Seems like they'd be so much better off now even if they had all been stapled.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back