• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier pulling the plug in DEN?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A bunch of jobs are getting outsourced. Over a thousand in DEN alone. Too bad for all the poor koolaid drinkers that always believed in the " home town " bs.

Not poking. Just curious. Are any Frontier pilots on here wishing they had ousted Stemler and prevented him from screwing up the SWA deal? Seems like they'd be so much better off now even if they had all been stapled.

Nope, but there's probably a bunch waiting for the opportunity to take your job.

Looks like some Southwest haters and PGTB have turned this thread into worthless drivel already. PGTB you are a piece of Sh!%. I hope this industry serves you what you deserve.

Not poking. Just curious. Are any Frontier pilots on here wishing they had ousted Stemler and prevented him from screwing up the SWA deal? Seems like they'd be so much better off now even if they had all been stapled.

Not even close. I'm happy that Frontier is able to live another day, something that definitely would not have happened if SWA had taken over. Just my own $0.02. We are doing pretty well these days in terms of stability, although current management has completely turned the culture upside down. I do appreciate the culture over at SWA, although quite happy to be doing our own thing. Not sure Stemmler had anything to do with "screwing it up" and knowing the whole truth might help with that recurring theme from SWA guys. Who knows. Life's too short to constantly live in the "what if" bubble, and none of really knows what happened there with the exception of who was actually involved. Time for that speculation to simply die.

Frankly I think F9 is far better off without SWA. I did hear rumors that there was talk among JetBlue and F9 prior to Republic but JetBlue did not like the numbers on their balance sheet.

Based on SWA's predatory history with Morris and ATA I would think F9 would have seen a similar fate. The reason why Southwest did not do the same to AirTran is because they had quite a few 737s and orders for more and could not staff them on their own.

I highly doubt Southwest would've put the Airbus is into service. They would have sold F9 in pieces, got rid of the airplanes and thrown the pilots on the street with preferential interviews. That my friends is the Southwest way.

Last edited:
Here are some numbers for everyone to understand what is going on at Frontier. 1 1/2 years ago we had 630 pilots. Today we have over 800. There were classes of 25 in Nov, Dec, and Jan. The rumor is another 240 pilots hired this coming year. We only have 52 airplanes and signed an order for 9 321s to be delivered late this year into early next year.
Management came to the training dept last Fall and said "we want to hire x amount of pilots." Our head of training said he didn't have the resources to train that many pilots and told them what he needed. And they gave it to him.
We have pilots in sim training in Den, SFO, LAS, and MIA. They are even considering sending pilots to France for sim training.
We are shrinking our DEN flying simply because it doesn't make sense to have 80% of our business in 1 city. We are dropping the low yield connecting DEN traffic and focusing on more profitable point to point flying.

Let's be clear with 1 more thing. The bankruptcy judge dropped SWA offer to buy Frontier. The idea that an MEC chairman can break up a potential deal is delusional.

Not poking. Just curious. Are any Frontier pilots on here wishing they had ousted Stemler and prevented him from screwing up the SWA deal? Seems like they'd be so much better off now even if they had all been stapled.[/QUOTE

Go back and jerk gear for even less money?

Really?

Trying to prop up the brand just isn't working. A merger would benefit all the pilots on the F9 list.

Latest resources

Back