• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier planes are being moved...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now they are on the hook for all of the lease payments going forward, and with oil at $130 it is a certainty that more airframes will be sold to repair the balance sheet.

"certainty" is an awful bold word "going forward" when used in the context of the airline industry.

I'm sure that they were not surprised that they were going to be required to satisfy their lease and aircraft mortgages after they made the decision to accept the entire fleet. I have a feeling they see a little bigger picture and know a little bit more about this scenerio than you and I. If they were going to get rid of airframes, they missed a golden opportunity by not taking advantage of this BK provision.

Maybe they got a commitment from a DIP provider and the lease payments won't be an issue.

It's my understanding they have a concession deal with the mechanics. Anyone know? TC

P.S.--This is good news. Only a dyed-in-the-wool Skynazi would be happy about another airline going under.

I guess the seven being removed is what i saw up for bid.

Wrong, again. Planes not going to china (didn't you read my post about the free eggrolls? pay attention!).

We're talking SEVEN planes. I'm thinking there are MUCH bigger issues to worry about...

But maybe it's just me.

At our peak we only had 62! We've sold or are in the process of selling 17% (interesting number) of our fleet. It's a big deal. Particularly if you're with me in the bottom 17% of the list.

EDIT:
I think I get where you're coming from now, regarding "bigger issues." Yeah, it's probably a moot point down the road. Was it Adam Smith?: "In the long run, we're all dead."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back