• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Pilots approve concessions 498-58

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilot costs have never shut down an airline, and pilot concessions have never saved one either.

Wisest words on here, hands down!

It happens, without fail, EVERY time. Management says, "We need concessions or else we'll have to furlough.". So the pilots give concessions, and what happens, usually within a few months of the concessions? Furloughs.

Management says "The ship is sinking, and will continue to do so without concessions.". So the pilots give concessions, and what happens? The ship sinks anyway and a bunch of pilots find themselves receiving final paychecks significantly less than what they started at.

I feel sorry for those Frontier pilots. Pretty raw deal. But they just made a very bad move. A quick review of airline history in this regard would have been illuminating, but instead they have chosen to repeat the same sad history.

Good luck guys! I truly hope it works out. But history is not on your side.

It's only as accurate as any broad generalization- but overall- look around and see the state of the country. The teenage 60's hippies are who I'm talking about.
Greatest generation gave birth to the most short sighted and selfish.

Sure, that's how it looks to you, but the hippies thought it was the previous generation that was short sighted, selfish, warlike, and stupid. Then they proceeded to become exactly what they had denounced. Fortunately, the upcoming generation will be different, because this time they are really really sincere. Right. :rolleyes:

The profession?

Thanks for defending the Profession. :mad:
I think Frontier is NOT exactly killing the "profession" BTW Check you Mic, I have been at work for two days and in the Airport I have gotten NUMEROUS comments on just what goes on in the cockpit from the traveling public, its getting embarrassing defending YOUR company...your welcome....

I think Frontier is NOT exactly killing the "profession"

Whenever pilots from ANY airline (SWA included) agree to concessions, that is damaging the "profession." Not really that hard to comprehend, is it?

BTW Check you Mic, I have been at work for two days and in the Airport I have gotten NUMEROUS comments on just what goes on in the cockpit from the traveling public, its getting embarrassing defending YOUR company...your welcome....
Yawn. I still get asked by passengers if I'm sober, if I'm using my laptop in the cockpit, if I know how to recover from a stall, if I fly naked, etc....etc...etc... Welcome to one of the most regulated, highest-visibility jobs in the world.....and it has it's share of knuckleheads. Get used to it.

Everybody seems caught up on the wage part of this agreement. LOA 67 is all about remaining separate from the IBT and ensuring (hehe) growth at Frontier. The wage and benefit tradeoffs are minor and worth the cost if FAPA can wreak the SLI. I think the language is to vague to rely on IMHO.

Richav8ter,
You hit it on the head. This never had anything to do with wages. It has everything to do with undoing the seniority grab by the 357 (IBT) leadership. If there were a flow through like every other mainline/regional owned by the same holding company, then none of this would have had to happen. But it is what it is and the F9 pilots will fight till the death of the company to break away from the RAH group. Maybe SWA will come in and make another offer and we (collectively) won't f-it up this time.

The NMB has ruled that BB's effort to have the representation election stop has no merit.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back