Frontier pay cuts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just say NO.

It ain't that easy, just saying no. If we do vote no then the company can go to the judge and he can force it on us. He can also make it under terms he deems appropriate. With the majority of our employees non union and taking the cuts to think a judge wouldn't force it on us is ridiculous. That being said, I am not happy with it and haven't made up my mind.
It looks to be 10% with no 401k match. Our CEO and the executive team all took 20% cuts starting May 1st.

I'm betting that the company hasn't even prepared an 1113(c) filing yet. It will take them time to prepare and present it to the judge. It isn't as easy as just walking into court and asking for concessions. It would take months for the company to get forced concessions from the judge. That's months more of better pay while you get your ducks in a row. No need to willingly bend over.

At the very least make sure to put snapback language in any agreement you make. You should not have to "fight" to get back to where you are now after these tough times pass, and they will pass. Good luck guys.

It would take months for the company to get forced concessions from the judge

There is also an 1113e section of the BK code. Don't think that a company cannot get "emergency" relief from a Judge. The standard that the court requires is in favor of the company that is in distress.

To the F9 guys; hang in there.

Skipper

Regardless of the paycuts, how does Frontier fly out of this one? Is there a standalone option or is it merger, buyout or lights out?

I'm betting that the company hasn't even prepared an 1113(c) filing yet. It will take them time to prepare and present it to the judge. It isn't as easy as just walking into court and asking for concessions. It would take months for the company to get forced concessions from the judge. That's months more of better pay while you get your ducks in a row. No need to willingly bend over.

I know a few buddies at Frontier and they are all great guys, but they all drink from the company koolaid fountain. I've tried to understand their way of thinking and I think the denial is so bad that one guy told me the CEO only filed BK because he was upset at the credit card company...... he said they really didn't even need to file for BK protection. Well... this was about the time my eye started twitching and I figured I was talking to a brick wall. My understanding is that the majority of the guys over there, pre furloughed pilot hiring, are the same way. Good luck over there guys.... just remember SKYBUS..... their pay was ********************e and they still went tits up......

It ain't that easy, just saying no. If we do vote no then the company can go to the judge and he can force it on us. He can also make it under terms he deems appropriate.
They can also do that 30 sec. after you agree to the pay cut. If you think taking this paycut will keep the company off your backs looking for more give backs you're smoking crack.

Latest resources

Back