• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Owned By Republic - Question For Delta Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Disclaimer, I am in NO way praising my new boss. He is what he is.

RAH does not have any agreements or contracts with DAL, or UAL, or anybody.

Republic, one of several certificates within Republic Airlines Holdings (RAH), has an agreement with DAL.

Shuttle America, another certificate within RAH, has an agreement with UAL.

Chautauqua, another certificate within RAH, has an agreement with other airlines.

There is no violation of any "non-compete clause". Each certificate is complying with each of their agreements. The fact that each certificate is wholly owned by the same Holding company is irrelevant.

Yeah, right...

If this were the case, why was "ASA Holdings" (I know-it didn't exist, but easily could have with $27 and a call to Legal Zoom) not allowed to buy 737s, or even buy ValueJet entirely -and just hold them as a "wholly-owned subsidiary?" They of course could have competed directly against DAL in ATL.

I understand that something in the scope clause specifically prevented this from happening-although I am not privy to the specifics. My understanding of DCI scope is that it normally attaches similar restrictions to the parent company to those which are attached to the specfic subsidiary which does the contract work. It really would pointless to do otherwise.

-I have no idea how DAL is putting up with the crap RAH is pulling.

Last edited:
Let's say Delta was a construction company and they bought building supplies from Republic. Could they stop Republic from selling building supplies to another construction company that was in direct competition with Delta? Conversely, can Republic stop Delta from buying some of their supplies from Skywest? Of course not. OTOH, Delta can stop Comair from selling insulation to the competition because they own Comair. This is a simplistic analogy, but it represents the same situation. I don't know why pilots think the airline business is different from other businesses.

The whole point of the DCI portfolio was to spread the lift around so any one carrier (ala Comair) couldn't again seriously affect the operation. It also enables an ongoing whipsaw between the regional affiliates that are competing for the flying. In theory the Delta MEC could ask/negotiate/demand that Delta not do business with Republic. Good luck with that.
Hit the nail on the head. Excellent comparrison.

IMy issue is how the Delta side of DALPA can get worked up about such a non-issue like Compass, but not even appear to notice that a subcontractor has subsidiary's that both feed and compete with mainline jobs.

I agree with you 100 percent. However, it appears that you didn't go to college, or even do well in high school. That leads readers to assume you don't know what you're talking about... which discredits your (valid) argument. Please... learn when to use apostrophes.

I agree with you 100 percent. However, it appears that you didn't go to college, or even do well in high school. That leads readers to assume you don't know what you're talking about... which discredits your (valid) argument. Please... learn when to use apostrophes.

You figured out that the OP "didn't go to college, or even do well in high school," from a few posts on FI? Amazing!

Let's say Delta was a construction company and they bought building supplies from Republic. Could they stop Republic from selling building supplies to another construction company that was in direct competition with Delta? Conversely, can Republic stop Delta from buying some of their supplies from Skywest? Of course not. OTOH, Delta can stop Comair from selling insulation to the competition because they own Comair. This is a simplistic analogy, but it represents the same situation. I don't know why pilots think the airline business is different from other businesses.

I disagree. Different businesses sign exclusivity agreements all the time. Last I checked, which it's been a while, Delta has an exclusivity agreement with Coke. I'm willing to bet Delta couldn't add Mountain Dew to it's offerings without consulting with, or altering their agreement with Coke.

DL does not have an exclusivity agreement with RAH holdings (the lift contracts are with shuttle america and chaniqua). Republic and F9 are currently still being operated as separate certificates- they will likely not be combined.

Straight from the horse's mouth, DL has a legal obligation to continue their relationship at least to the end of the contract.... now if it's renewed is a whole nother conversation.

See, your desire, to fly these "Big" RJ's is an advantage to management. The see this, and will "offer" to give you the flying if you under cut someone else. When that other airline undercuts you, they will come back to you and ask for more. See where this is going?

I think it's high time for Dalpa to adopt the APA's stance on Scope. Period, end of conversation. If it says Delta on the ticket or anywhere on the side of the plane...then it is flown my mainline DAL pilots. If we have to give up widebody pay raises for a contract cycle then so be it....if not, within 10 years the only jobs left at mainline will be widebody's...until they find a way to outsource those as well....ala UAL/Air Lingus hocus pocus.

See, your desire, to fly these "Big" RJ's is an advantage to management. The see this, and will "offer" to give you the flying if you under cut someone else. When that other airline undercuts you, they will come back to you and ask for more. See where this is going?

We see where this is going...Same place it's been going for the past 20+ years...Nothing new here folks...

As to our "desire to fly these "Big" RJs", that needs some clarification...I want to fly what ever improves my paycheck, and more importantly my QOL...If that means flying a J3 Cub, then sign me up...It was ALPA that decided that bigger airplanes somehow demand more pay.

Many of your colleagues at Delta and the other mainlines are guilty of the Shiny Big Jets Syndrome (SBJS)....There are plenty of Gen. Lees out there that just can't wait to fly a big widebody to Paris...Personally, I would rather have an ATR overnight at the Hilton Head Westin resort...

Yes ACL...We see where this is headed.....

Latest resources

Back