• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

frontier or virgin america

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Virgin Cola" sounds like a sure hit to me, it just goes to show how things never happen the way you'd like.

I get such a kick from the latch-key, lanyard-donging, so-called avaition professionals who think they have crystal balls.....and no, there aren't any mispellings in my post.

Frontier is not a 'start-up', not a 'flash-in-the-pants', not an airline anywhere close to the brink of collapse. DON'T use stock price as an indicator of squat .... Midwest Express is conning the market at +$15.00/share!

You want the truth? This whole industry is a big crap shoot. You gotta be man enough to bet big if you wanna win big. I heard plenty of sparky hot shots tell me F9 was a "lateral move" from Air Wisconsin about six years ago. Every new hire is told they will be on reserve and never see Captain by the naysayers.....then, miraculously, they get off reserve and make Captain inside of 5 years (try that at Southwest Fedex United...yeah whatever). My point is, if you can't take a gut check once in your career you will always be mediocre at best.
I really see too many young pups who will never figure it out...it's not about the money, fame or 'da ladies'.
It's about flying, at least for most aviators.

I forgot what this thread is about, damnit!!!

Know that is funny......oh wait you actually believe what you wrote. I think you've been talking to your bunny "Foo-Foo" way to much. Which by the way is one of the lamest schticks I've ever seen.

No were not a start up, just a mature VA/Skybus that will disappear like the Peoples Expresses before us.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what are your plans? You're moving up the list quickly. You gonna stay, or jump ship?

Last edited:
That't not what I heard. I heard that supposedly DL removed the E170 flights to and from SLC because they never did get what was advertised with regard to fuel burn. They decided to put them on mostly shorter routes to compete with Airtran instead. Yes, there are still a few long routes (like ATL--to Kingston, Jamaica--with no competition), but overall they now do shorter routes. And, close your mouth when you yawn.

His yawn is better use of O2 than your last breath.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So this plan is going to be better than Song?

That't not what I heard. I heard that supposedly DL removed the E170 flights to and from SLC because they never did get what was advertised with regard to fuel burn.
Bye Bye--General Lee

DTW - SLC in the winter. Had to make fuel stops sometimes.

Where would you go to Frontier or Virgin America?

So, Skybus not living up to your expectations? I guess XOJet or Netjets didn't work either on the X.

I'd go to F9 given that it has a history and it could merge with someone bigger in the long-term. You would have more security there I would believe.

Ever heard of "Virgin Cola?" Me neither until I saw a list of some of SIR Branson's flops. Hopefully VA will be another.

A lot of people thought JetBlue would die in its first year too. VA is pretty well funded and it will offer the best inflight entertainment (including the hot stews) out there. All they need to do now is secure gates and the ability to grow at key airports - that remains to be seen as SWA and JetBlue return to SFO.

I'd go to Frontier if you have the chance because I think they will ultimately be merged with another carrier and you will at least have a job.

Let us know how it goes.

Ever hear of Virgin Atlantic or Virgin Blue ?

Good lord Scangadah! You've got 119 posts and this is the first time I've seen that avatar of yours. Where the heck have I been? Please tell me you have just recently changed it otherwise I need to log on to FI.com more often.

Well, thank you for that fine photo. She could cut glass with those things. Glad to see she is a nice Christain girl too... my mother would approve!

Good lord Scangadah! You've got 119 posts and this is the first time I've seen that avatar of yours. Where the heck have I been? Please tell me you have just recently changed it otherwise I need to log on to FI.com more often.

Well, thank you for that fine photo. She could cut glass with those things. Glad to see she is a nice Christain girl too... my mother would approve!

Amen to that Brother!!!!

Latest resources

Back