Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
QRC said:
Hey all,

Is there going to be one more interview session after December 1, before we ring in the New Year??? And, why the increase in hiring numbers? Thanks.

Wish I knew - F9Recruiter would be the one to field that one. Possibly increased new aircraft deliveries as well as more cities. Exact numbers (other than number of newhires) and cities continues to be a highly guarded secret. I'll let you know if I get any info. F9 has vowed that it will never see the 40%+ aggressive growth it saw a couple of years ago - it seems the faster they grow the harder they fall, so F9 is trying to stay on the path of slow and smart growth.

jetalc said:
it will never see the 40%+ aggressive growth it saw a couple of years ago .

Overall, maybe not. This wave will spike at our old 30-40% growth rate and that's just to compensate for the slow growth over the past 4 years. A lot of F/Os' are going to see the left seat over the next couple of years, and that's the best part of all!

crashpad, can you explain the "old 30-40% growth rate"?

As a new hire, I've heard 3-4 years to upgrade. Does that sound about right?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

M3

I don't have statistics on hand, but it seems movement occurs in waves rather than constant rates. Either way growth is achieved, it is good.
If you were informed by someone in training that upgrade is 3-4 years, then feel confident in their estimates. They have a finger on the pulse of what the game plan entails and are open to inquiries when you like to be updated. If you value knowing what's going on with the company, I believe you'll appreciate this aspect as much as I do.
Congratulations, and we all look forward to flying with you.

Have we learned nothing?

I guess the past 5 years have taught us nothing about the industry.

Who should I choose? TWA or PanAm? (circa 1968) USAir or Piedmont? (circa 1985) Delta or United? (circa 1997)

Twenty years from now, both Frontier and JB could be out of business. If you are determined to live in DEN, take Frontier. If you like the "current" growth of JB, choose them.

It is a coin flip. Call me when you retire at 65 or 70 and let me know how it went. TC

Thanks crashpad,

I've watched the airline for many years now and that is something I have noticed - growth in waves. The company seems awesome; looking forward to flying with you all too.

M3

AA717driver said:
Twenty years from now, both Frontier and JB could be out of business. If you are determined to live in DEN, take Frontier. If you like the "current" growth of JB, choose them. /quote]

Very good point AA717. Frontier and jetBlue provide an environment that allow those with good attitudes to flourish and really enjoy their careers. For people like ex-nutjetter, it doesn't matter who they work for because they will find a way to be unhappy. Sounds like some of the guys on this thread that have recently been hired by F9 have the proper attitude and will fit in with the corporate culture at Frontier just fine. Welcome on board gents.

crashpad said:
Overall, maybe not. This wave will spike at our old 30-40% growth rate and that's just to compensate for the slow growth over the past 4 years. A lot of F/Os' are going to see the left seat over the next couple of years, and that's the best part of all!

I believe the end of 2003 to the beginning of 2004 was the only 40%+ growth rate, and management seems VERY reluctant to repeat it. I would prefer their approach of slow and smart growth. It seems, as an example, the massive growth is what brought airlines like Braniff down...then again, it hasn't exactly stifled SWA, so we'll see.

jetalc said:
Along those same lines, I just found out that instead of 52 remaining pilot hires, we are looking at 140 between December and September '06. Amen, brutha. Good time to get on at F9.

What kind of numbers are they looking at for the following year? Can't wait for the first, to bad you won't be in DEN that night!

USMC319, I've seen the same thing from friends who fly for both. You're right on - no amount of money can make someone happy; it starts with the attitude you choose when you get up in the morning. I'm glad to soon be a part of an organization whose values are just those...

M3

Latest resources

Back