• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier officially a regional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So Frontier is being spun off or being bought by someone else? Or standalone carrier?

Not sure. I spoke to a Frontier pilot at length about this plan. Though they aren't thrilled about taking the freeze they and the company needed to avoid a work group battle royale, which was the direction it was heading. I guess Republic's scope states that if the company owns 51%, they must merge the list. I think the plan is to pare down republic's ownership to 49%.

Other requirements include separating SOC, Marketing, Ticketing, Website, buying many narrow body airplanes and other requirements to avoid the single "carrier status argument" by the republic union.

He wasn't overly optimistic that F9 would make it, but he was definitely happy to cleave their company from the Republic guys.

Well at least when a Frontier pilot in the unemployment looks down he can admire how much "bigger" his is than a Republic guy's....

Really is this what your pride is worth...tell that to your 5 year kid eating leftovers for the third time

Well at least when a Frontier pilot in the unemployment looks down he can admire how much "bigger" his is than a Republic guy's....

Really is this what your pride is worth...tell that to your 5 year kid eating leftovers for the third time

I think its great the RAH guys will be unable to fly the bus at frontier. You guys have brought the industry down enough with the 170 and 190. Now if you'd just go out of business...

That sounds like poor meal planning, totally irrelevant to the airlines. Why are you cooking so much food?

Thanks. Now there's soda all over my keyboard. Well played, Sir.

I think its great the RAH guys will be unable to fly the bus at frontier. You guys have brought the industry down enough with the 170 and 190. Now if you'd just go out of business...

You are correct RAH guys won't be flying them...no-one will be flying them.

I give it a year....

Latest resources

Back