Frontier, Midwest enter code-share agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

inflightboi175

Frontier Airlines has entered into a codeshare partnership with Midwest Airlines, less than one week after Republic Airway Holdings announced plans to buy both of the companies.
The agreement allows Denver-based Frontier to sell tickets on Milwaukee-based Midwest Airlines under a Frontier code and expand its portfolio of destinations to include those flown to by Midwest. Most of those new destinations will be in the Midwestern United States and in Canada.
Midwest Airlines will have the same benefits regarding flights on Frontier and its short-haul carrier, Lynx Aviation. And customers of both airlines will be able to participate in each others’ frequent flyer programs, the companies said Monday.
“The partnership allows us to broaden our network and provide even more destinations to our loyal customers,” said Daniel Shurz, Frontier’s vice president for strategy and planning said. “We also look forward to showcasing our airlines to many new customers who may be flying Frontier and Lynx for the first time by connecting from Midwest.”
Indianapolis-based Republic Airway Holdings announced on June 22 that it plans to purchase Frontier for $108.7 million and bring it out of 14-month-old bankruptcy protection. The deal is subject to approval by a New York court next month.
The next day, Republic announced that it bought Midwest, which, like Frontier, was a carrier to which it had lent substantial money in the past year. Republic officials have not announced any plans for major changes to either Frontier’s or Midwest’s operations.
The codeshare agreement will begin later this summer. Specific cities available for the codeshare will be available at a later date.

Just wait until SWA gets moving on this, you think they are going to let BB and his holy rollers take any of their potential business / current business out of DEN.......I dont think so. Just sit back and watch.....soon the only thing RAH pilots will be "negotiating" are their furlough mitigation packages.

Just wait until SWA gets moving on this, you think they are going to let BB and his holy rollers take any of their potential business / current business out of DEN.......I dont think so. Just sit back and watch.....soon the only thing RAH pilots will be "negotiating" are their furlough mitigation packages.

I hope so!

Good luck at your regional airline. Im sure you all are doing great by the way you are wishing Furlough on us. It doesnt bother us at Republic because we have our own issues to work out and we will. Good luck with keeping your regional airline a float in these turbulent times with cut backs from the majors. Im sure your companies are on top of the changing times and stand to have a long productive future working for other airlines. I would never wish a loss of work for any pilots out here as I am sure many have families to take care of. So all of that being said, I hope you get the chance to stay at your regional airline for a very long time and see the changes and the strength of Republic Airways Holdings to make it through these tough times. These changes may not be without risk but Im glad we are trying to position our company to make it in the long run. Just think, you can sit at your regional airline and watch it all happen..good or bad and thats good enough for me.

Cheers,

So all of that being said, I hope you get the chance to stay at your regional airline for a very long time and see the changes and the strength of Republic Airways Holdings to make it through these tough times.

I nearly shot coffee out of my nose with that one. Only strength I see is how Bedford got you guys to sign onto a 99 seat rate.........

Oneflap is just excited because this deal just solidified his dream of being a lifer at Republic.

I commend these regional guys. Working long shifts with multiple legs for little compensation. Who can begrudge them for getting a "cookie" now and then?

Latest resources

Back