• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier just announced 5 daily LAX--SFO and back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wasn't STL a focus city too? I was looking at their route map the other day and didn't see any connections out of STL.

Am I making this up?

S.

Historically SFO-LAX has been a great route to lose money on. Lots of competition. It's always ripe for a price war.

STL is a focus city for AA. Frontier does DEN and I believe seasonal Cancun flights from STL.

F9 guys/gals get ready to hold and hold and hold, main reason we left SFO. The money isn't worth the lost productivity time of the airframe.

We have quite a brain trust on Tower Rd. Nice thing is they won't get hurt when things go south, they'll just come to us looking for money to pay off there mistakes.

Larcifer said:
We have quite a brain trust on Tower Rd. Nice thing is they won't get hurt when things go south, they'll just come to us looking for money to pay off there mistakes.

That's exactly what Happ did at ATA....TWICE.

RV

Larcifer said:

WOW........you have it wrong my friend.....dead wrong. I will leave it at that.

Frontier's only problem is its marketing department. From what I can tell, the costs are in line, the Airbi are solid, the management is decent, and the employees are outstanding. It'd be a great place to work, if it weren't for that pesky marketing department making it so hard to make future plans (like will this airline be around in 5 years or not). No flame intended, but its unfortunate that one department can completely wipe out any cost and operational efficiencies the rest of the airline has been able to achieve.

SFO-LAX is a mistake. Nobody in either of those cities knows Frontier. Frequency is never a problem on that market, so if you just have to operate there, start small, perhaps one or two flights, and let the passengers figure out for themselves the superior product you're offering. Let the operational integrity and service do the marketing and send your marketing department to USAirways for training.

My suggestion would be to implement something Comair's marketing department did before Delta gutted its only chance at making money... weekend passes. I think it was something like $300 for 2 passes (weekend round trips) and it was an incredible success. Not only were the passes popular (pax still ask when those will come back), but it also strongly aligned the Cincinnati market with Comair. When someone in CVG needed to go somewhere on a full fare ticket, they went right back to Comair. Frontier needs to align the Denver market with Frontier and take back the low fare thunder stolen by Southwest.

I don't think Frontier has a problem "aligning" the Denver market with Frontier, they have a strong following here. Also i don't think there has been a low fare thunder spawned by Southwest...sure a little market diversification maybe, but nothing major...I mean hell, we are beating them in a couple of the markets they serve out of DEN and they are markets that were thought to be solid for them.

Now as far as the LAX-SFO market being a mistake...well, i don't know maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I know SWA had a big flop with it, but what if we make it work, what would that say to the rest of the industry? The big LCC player SWA couldn't do it, but Frontier could...i believe that would be a wonderful thing. I imagine only time will tell, so for now i will hold hope that it will prevail as a good move...I mean what else can i do, i guess i could be like the rest of the glass half empty guys on here and say it would never work, but i am more optimistic and believe that it just may work for us.

Latest resources

Back