Frontier Jumpseat/republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But the list will still remain.... don't count your chickens F9ers

Sizzle when are you really going to get a grip on all this and let it go. Do you really think that you are going to come over to F9? Good luck to you on YOUR own!

Do your homework....

But the list will still remain.... don't count your chickens F9ers

Just looking for the 51% solution.....its closer than you think. REAL close! The players will surprise you..... No Majority ownership, no list.....remember those words....Looks like moving outta Uncle Brian's Plantation just got a little harder...Perhaps Personal Effort may get ya a promotion? Try EARNING your seat, lots of us have done it....except the Grey-haired clique at RAH....2 minutes in their presence is all ya need to understand why they will retire at RAH.....with that great IBT Airline Division Pension....DOHHH IBT pilots arent eligible, sorry....

Can we divorce ourselves from the rhetoric for just a minute or two? I am so sick of the in-fighting. Clearly management has won. We are brothers and sisters (not union wise, but profession wise) yet we are bickering amongst ourselves watching management laugh all the way to the bank. I don’t care who flies what equipment, who is better than the other, we are all in the same boat. Why can’t any of us remove the emotion and view this as an industry problem created by management and not a pilot problem of us vs. you?

Here’s my simple historical recap:

Frontier was a fun airline where everybody respected each other and they were honored to work there. They enjoyed the niche they had, enjoyed the employee/management relationship, were happy and proud to work there, and wanted to be left alone while they prospered.

Republic was a thriving airline in the regional industry, pilots were happy to work there because they were moving up quickly and moving out. The 2003 contract they were working under wasn’t the best, but it contained scope; which preemptively avoided a GoJets situation so it was a good call at the time. Republic made record profits year after year, but all was good because the airline was growing and the contract was being negotiated.

2008 came along, the industry went stagnant. Republic furloughed and downgraded, same as the rest of the regional industry. The majors stopped hiring. The Republic captain’s got stuck there, the FO’s stuck in the right seat. Frontier entered bankruptcy and once again went into survival mode. Neither pilot group thought of each other, they had their own concerns.

Bedford and Menke came to the rescue! Neither of them consulted either pilot group asking what should be done. Next thing we know Republic buys Frontier and the fighting begins. The pilots are pitted against each other…because of a management decision.

The Frontier pilots say leave us alone, we are happy, we will do our part to make our company succeed. The Republic pilots say wait a minute, our company has made money hand over fist for years and just spent it all on this airline…what about us?

Management lies to both sides and further pits the two against each other while singing the mantra “we are one.” Meanwhile the fighting continues, the pilot groups hate each other and we both lose. Frontier loses because they have to deal with the inadequacies of Republic management. Republic loses because the company has no cash after spending it on Frontier.

Where are we today? Frontier pilots appear to be “winning” because the company is separating the two. The separation isn’t very separate and will probably involve multiple lawsuits. Frontier pilots are just happy there is some sort of separation. Republic pilots are upset because the company is funneling money from one side to the other in order to make the Republic books look bad during contract negotiations. Management cow-tows to the pilot group they need at the time to continue their divide and conquer tactic. Republic pilots remember it was the profits made by their company that saved Frontier, yet the Frontier pilots hate them.

The end of this story has yet to be written. One thing is for sure, the pilots have no say in the outcome. Both sides will continue to fight each other for no good reason. There will continue to be jumpseat altercations because both sides have immature idiots. If only we weren’t so egotistic, maybe, just maybe, we could realize each other’s side and come to the conclusion that it is management and the economy that caused this problem and not the pilot groups.

If you have read this far I thank you and apologize for trying to interject reasoning instead of emotion…I know, it’s nowhere near as fun.

If you skimmed to the bottom: carry on, continue bashing each other and aiding Bryan’s wet dream, hell, he ought to have one or two in order to avoid more kids on the bench than he has on the court.

Can we divorce ourselves from the rhetoric for just a minute or two? I am so sick of the in-fighting. Clearly management has won. We are brothers and sisters (not union wise, but profession wise) yet we are bickering amongst ourselves watching management laugh all the way to the bank. I don’t care who flies what equipment, who is better than the other, we are all in the same boat. Why can’t any of us remove the emotion and view this as an industry problem created by management and not a pilot problem of us vs. you?

Here’s my simple historical recap:

Frontier was a fun airline where everybody respected each other and they were honored to work there. They enjoyed the niche they had, enjoyed the employee/management relationship, were happy and proud to work there, and wanted to be left alone while they prospered.

Republic was a thriving airline in the regional industry, pilots were happy to work there because they were moving up quickly and moving out. The 2003 contract they were working under wasn’t the best, but it contained scope; which preemptively avoided a GoJets situation so it was a good call at the time. Republic made record profits year after year, but all was good because the airline was growing and the contract was being negotiated.

2008 came along, the industry went stagnant. Republic furloughed and downgraded, same as the rest of the regional industry. The majors stopped hiring. The Republic captain’s got stuck there, the FO’s stuck in the right seat. Frontier entered bankruptcy and once again went into survival mode. Neither pilot group thought of each other, they had their own concerns.

Bedford and Menke came to the rescue! Neither of them consulted either pilot group asking what should be done. Next thing we know Republic buys Frontier and the fighting begins. The pilots are pitted against each other…because of a management decision.

The Frontier pilots say leave us alone, we are happy, we will do our part to make our company succeed. The Republic pilots say wait a minute, our company has made money hand over fist for years and just spent it all on this airline…what about us?

Management lies to both sides and further pits the two against each other while singing the mantra “we are one.” Meanwhile the fighting continues, the pilot groups hate each other and we both lose. Frontier loses because they have to deal with the inadequacies of Republic management. Republic loses because the company has no cash after spending it on Frontier.

Where are we today? Frontier pilots appear to be “winning” because the company is separating the two. The separation isn’t very separate and will probably involve multiple lawsuits. Frontier pilots are just happy there is some sort of separation. Republic pilots are upset because the company is funneling money from one side to the other in order to make the Republic books look bad during contract negotiations. Management cow-tows to the pilot group they need at the time to continue their divide and conquer tactic. Republic pilots remember it was the profits made by their company that saved Frontier, yet the Frontier pilots hate them.

The end of this story has yet to be written. One thing is for sure, the pilots have no say in the outcome. Both sides will continue to fight each other for no good reason. There will continue to be jumpseat altercations because both sides have immature idiots. If only we weren’t so egotistic, maybe, just maybe, we could realize each other’s side and come to the conclusion that it is management and the economy that caused this problem and not the pilot groups.

If you have read this far I thank you and apologize for trying to interject reasoning instead of emotion…I know, it’s nowhere near as fun.

If you skimmed to the bottom: carry on, continue bashing each other and aiding Bryan’s wet dream, hell, he ought to have one or two in order to avoid more kids on the bench than he has on the court.

What about Midwest Airlines?

good point! dont forget about it!

Oooh! ooohh! I know this one. Midwest Airlines had an unsustainable business model and after snubbing their noses at Airtran began a downward spiral of ridding themselves of aircraft starting with the DC-9's followed by the MD-80's and finally the 717's. The company was in shambles and Republic bought the ruins.

Oooh! ooohh! I know this one. Midwest Airlines had an unsustainable business model and after snubbing their noses at Airtran began a downward spiral of ridding themselves of aircraft starting with the DC-9's followed by the MD-80's and finally the 717's. The company was in shambles and Republic bought the ruins.

Revisionist history at it's best. Half-truth if I ever read it.

Revisionist history at it's best. Half-truth if I ever read it.

Then I want to hear it from you then. Put it out here for all of us to read. I want to hear you try and tell me that flying around a DC-9/MD-80 with 88 seats was going to last. I want to hear it out of your mouth how it's Republic, Frontier, and everybody else's fault that Midwest had a failed business plan. It lasted in the past few decades maybe because of private ownership, low gas prices, and the clientele that now has other options, thanks to internet booking sites etc. I agree that in airline pilot fantasy land Midwest is how every flight should be. Big leather seats, loud airplanes and great service. Guess what, this isnt fantasy land, I'm afraid those days are over.

I can't believed you guys still at it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back